The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   Mooney (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/mooney-81603/)

mooney 03-21-2011 01:15 PM

Mooney

Mooney was just put to sleep by the vets, and now being buried in a corner of our field. They gave her enough drug she laid down on her own than they gave her the last needle it was quick. she taught me everything and will be missed by a large part of my community. I miss her as I type, and always will. Thanks to everyone that was hoping her would get better but the vet gave a 30% - 40% chance if she went into a clinic and on IV and no chance if not. She was rated as a 2 out of 10 on the body scale losing close to 300 to 400 pounds in less than a month. She was ready to let go, and we know it was the right thing, and I don't feel bad about doing to, only sad because I am going to miss her.

Thanks to all the support that I had on here, going through this it helped me make the right decisions. And it was salmonella but no one believes it still. :cry:She will be greatly missed.

apachiedragon 03-21-2011 01:39 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Mooney was a wonderful companion and teacher, and its such a shame you lost her so soon.

farmpony84 03-21-2011 01:42 PM

I'm sorry.

lacyloo 03-21-2011 01:42 PM

So sorry for your loss

mooney 03-21-2011 01:51 PM

I don't want people to be sorry, because I am not, I only cry because I miss her. I would have only been sorry if I hadn't done it now and waited later.

horselver1979 03-21-2011 02:38 PM

At least she is not in anymore discomfort.

She is running with allllll the other horses now, free.

My condolences.

MaggiStar 03-21-2011 06:01 PM

be glad you got the chance to know and love her and that you choose to say goodbye instead of her been takin from you

dee 03-21-2011 11:21 PM

Remember all the good times you had with her, and all she taught you, and the lives she touched. You had a very special girl...

Walkamile 03-22-2011 09:35 AM

You did what was right for your horse, you put her needs before your emotional attachment. That is what any good horse owner could hope to do. I am sorry that as a horse owner, the circumstances put you in this position to have to make this difficult decision, but you did what was right for Mooney.

Hopefully if anyone out there faces a similar situation, they will remember your experience and will help them make the responsible choice.

And while you don't want anyone to feel sorry for you, I will still offer my condolences out of respect to your relationship with your horse.

mooney 03-22-2011 01:47 PM

Thanks everyone, what I mean is I know I did the right thing and there is no reason for anyone to feel sorry for it.

It was only two years but I learned something new every day that I was with her. I miss her and the routine I didn't realize how much I depended on caring for her? I guess, it did matter how bad the day was knowing she needed me to be there made my day okay again. Even after one day of sitting around I cried when I saw it was time I would normally care for her.