The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Riding (/horse-riding/)
- - What do you like about your instructor? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/what-do-you-like-about-your-81665/)
What do you like about your instructor?
What do you like about your instructor vs. other instructors?
I've had a few good instructors and a few bad ones, a total of 5, 3 bad, 2 good (that includes my current one). I love how she teaches and how she has the patients of a saint among other qualities.
I love my instructor because she is very genuine. I have been her student (and working student) for so long she is pretty much family now. She is also the only eventing instructor around but has access to upper level trainers and brings them to our facility.
bump bump bump!
the biggest difference i found between my trainer and my previous trainer was her manner of teaching. both charged the same, yet with my current trainer she was standing, watching me from all angles, providing visuals, and giving examples the best she can from the ground. she has a calm tone, that carries well, and she is very accepting of mistakes. I've never gotten the ' WHAT ARE YOU DOING CHILD!? ' tone when i did something wrong, which often rattled me with previous trainers.
I love my trainer! I think the best thing about her is that she knows my limits and she'll always push me right up to them them but never past them. Like when I was was learning to ride english and she first told me to trot without stirrups. I thought I was going to die, but she knew just how far to push me. She is really dedicated to her students, too. She has more faith in me than I do in myself sometimes, and that means a lot!
I've also worked with the BO where I ride, and although she's really knowledgeable, she is very negative and yells a lot. I'm not a huge fan. lol
What I didnt like about my old trainer is that he always told me what I was doing wrong but never told me how to fix it...but at the same time..I liked it because he would call me out the second that I made the mistake.
I like my new trainer because he doesnt make me cry haha. My new trainer has a total different way of doing things and its interesting to learn those ways.
i love my instructors becuase they are kind and helpful but pushy in a good way, they have brought on my riding so much:)
I love my instructor because she knows me & my horse very well. She's taught me & my horse A LOT since day 1 of lessons. She always makes a joke while training & makes lessons not a pain, but a pleasure. She helps me with saddle fitting to clipping as well. She's always their when I need her. She turned my used-to-be cow horse to an amazing show stopper(:
Many, many reasons.
1. I hadn't ridden regularly in like 5 years, and she tolerated my lack of riding fitness, and my stupid stories of when I rode as a teenager.
2. I felt like I was actually learning something from her, instead of just having a babysitter for an hour.
3. She did private lessons as the standard, and I love private lessons.
4. When I ask her about riding concepts and training concepts, she will discuss it with me. She knows her stuff and when she teaches me things it's like a lightbulb goes off.
5. She's a really nice person, fun and easy to talk to. I can call her up on the phone and talk to her for 20 minutes about my horse without feeling like I'm annoying her.
6. My husband likes talking to her too, and he isn't a horse person
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.