The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Cavalia in Canada! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/cavalia-canada-81668/)

tinyliny 03-21-2011 11:54 PM

Cavalia in Canada!

Just a note for the many members in Canada, especailly in the Vancouver , BC area:

The wonderful equestrian extravaganzy show Cavalia will be in Vancouver for the next 3 weeks, then I think they go to Calgary. I am not sure, but if you are interested please check them out on their website. Google!

It is an amazing show. Even my nonhorsey husband loved it when we saw it 7 years ago. I assume some has changed but don't know if I can get free for the three hours to get to Van, and the $$. Would be fun!!!

Citrus 03-22-2011 12:27 AM

I had an awful time when I took my child to the show.... the Lippizanners were much more audience involved and did not mimic cirque du soliel..... I would not suggest Cavalia to anyone.

tinyliny 03-22-2011 01:52 AM

Audience involved? I don't understand. That is too bad. Like I said, I went a long time ago and it was Awesome!

Carleen 03-22-2011 03:18 AM

I have tickets for the March 30th show! In the "Horse Lovers" section which means close to the stage, and passes to go into the barns afterwards! Very excited. It was an early birthday present from my parents!

tinyliny 03-22-2011 02:01 PM

That sounds like fun. I have been trying to scare up some horsey girlfriends to drive up from Seattle, see the show and spend the night. Vancouver is a nice outing for us. Lovely city.

lilruffian 03-22-2011 02:04 PM

I SOOO wish i could go! They are coming to Calgary, which is a bit of a drive for me but if they ever come to Edmonton i'm there!

Tymer 03-22-2011 06:33 PM

I saw this show with my aunt, who has now passed away. It was really my last memory of just us together, so the show has a special place in my heart.

I really liked it. There were some things I appreciated that the general audience seemed fairly "meh" about (things that take a lot of expertise to achieve but look sort of boring to the average joe). Some things got a little old after a while, but for the most part it was really entertaining. It was kind of embarrassing that the audience kept laughing whenever the horses pooped, and that a lot of people clapped when two horses got into a fight (rearing, biting, kicking). I think the audience thought they cued the horses to do that. A little upsetting, but that's life. The one thing you have to keep in mind is that some things they do are indeed advanced and horses ARE unpredictable. I heard that in one show part of the vaulting had to be skipped entirely because the rider couldn't get it.

Ray MacDonald 03-22-2011 06:40 PM

Aww, sorry about your aunt :( My aunt also got to go, she said it was amazing! She brought me and my cousin back a little book that had tons of pictures.
I wish they would come here!!

Carleen 03-22-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 971313)
That sounds like fun. I have been trying to scare up some horsey girlfriends to drive up from Seattle, see the show and spend the night. Vancouver is a nice outing for us. Lovely city.

We think of Seattle the exact same way. In fact, I am heading down there tomorrow with my grandparents (probably not all the way to Seattle, more than likely Bellingham).

Anyways, you should try to come up. I am very excited that they decided to come here.