The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Horse Movies (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/horse-movies-81934/)

Diegosmom 03-24-2011 09:39 PM

Horse Movies

Always the TBs never anything gaited.I was thinking they need a TWH movie.I know of all the stigma surrounding big licks but i would love to see a movie about Betty Sain .If you guys do not know her you should read this artical

Tennessee Walking horse - SHAKER'S SHOCKER #621314 home page by Walkers West

My mother was around when this all went on and she pretty much got shoved out of the lime light after her win because she refused to sell Shaker.She loved her horse and thats all she cared about.And the fact that she was the first woman to win WGC really stuck it too alot of trainers and owners.I think this is movie worthy..I think its time the walkers get put in the lime light in a good way.This would make a great movie

CloudsMystique 03-25-2011 10:44 AM

I... would not watch that movie. It would be wonderful for walkers to be put in the lime light in a good way, but a movie about a big lick horse is not going to accomplish that.

A much better choice would be Champagne Watchout.

1999Celebration
(there's a link to the video at the bottom of the page)

Diegosmom 03-25-2011 11:20 AM

Well. I just love her story and like all movies you don't have to tell the truth. They could make the whole walking horse world flat shod. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

CloudsMystique 03-25-2011 11:35 AM

Haha, yeah I guess so
Posted via Mobile Device

Jacksmama 03-30-2011 09:28 AM

Remember The Brothers Grimm with Matt Damon and Heath Ledger? I am not sure which one rides it(it's been a while since I've seen it) but there is a chocolate Rocky in that movie. Also, if you watch there are a lot of horses that are gaited in the movies because the actors aren't experienced. They shoot them mostly at the run or walk, but you can occasionally see some gaiting. I was told that John Waynes big red horse was gaited as well. It's heresay so who knows though

Diegosmom 03-30-2011 12:41 PM

Yeah I see alot of walkers in movies I was just talking about a movie about the horse. Like seabiscuit for walkers. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Lea 09-08-2011 12:50 PM

I absolutely agree that a movie about the 1966 TWH Celebration and it's aftermath would be a huge hit - for horse lovers and anyone who likes to see the "underdog" win. It was a Cinderella story in a male-dominated industry where Betty's completely natural and sound horse won!

Betty had a "Big Lick" horse that was 100% natural! According to first hand eye witnesses, Betty had minimal padding on Shocker and used "dog chains" i.e. very light chains. The action was all Shocker. Her horse out performed and clearly outlasted every horse in the ring - he was born to do the work. While other "sored" horses were giving out, "Shocker was just getting warmed up"

The tragedy of this story is following her clear victory, Betty was ridiculed, threatened and forced out of the industry not only for beating all the "good ol boys" in the Grand Championship with a completely sound and extraordinary stallion but also for being obnoxiously outspoken AGAINST the cruel practices of soring. She later trained TWH's for dressage and steeplechase, showing how versatile the breed can be.

Someone really needs to tell the REAL and fascinating story of Betty Sain.

Diegosmom 09-08-2011 01:03 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This would be a hit I wish I knew who to call and pitch it too
Posted via Mobile Device