The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Reflocking question (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/reflocking-question-81979/)

Chele11 03-25-2011 01:40 PM

Reflocking question

Another Stubben I am looking at it fairly inexpensive - Thanks, Luvs2Ride1979 for the link! but it probably needs reflocking. Any ideas on the cost of that????

crimsonsky 03-25-2011 03:48 PM

that's all going to depend on how much needs to be done - what needs to be pulled out, how much needs to be put back in, how difficult the flocking is to access, etc.

with that in mind, i had my kieffer totally reflocked with virgin wool and got a set of reins repaired for $125.

seeing as i've only worked with this one saddler i don't know if this is normal SOP or if some just flock without seeing the horse/rider but my saddler checked the saddle on the horse first, then made some adjustments to the flocking, had me ride in it, made more adjustments, had me ride again and when he was satisfied it was the best fit possible for both my horse and i he was done. well worth the money in my opinion.

now that i've got my horse back up to a better weight and in more work i'm going to need to have him come back out and do it all over again. hahaha

Zimpatico 03-25-2011 03:56 PM

You'll probably need a saddle fitter to come out and fit the saddle to him before reflocking. Last time I had a fitter out, it was $165 for a fitting and flocking adjustment. I'm guessing it would be over $300 if she needed to reflock the whole thing.

crimsonsky 03-25-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimpatico (Post 974902)
You'll probably need a saddle fitter to come out and fit the saddle to him before reflocking. Last time I had a fitter out, it was $165 for a fitting and flocking adjustment. I'm guessing it would be over $300 if she needed to reflock the whole thing.

lordy that's a lot of money! amazing how different regions can vary so much in pricing.

kitten_Val 03-25-2011 10:43 PM

I was just given estimate in my own thread: $150 - 250, and I think its about right from what I heard from my local horse people.