The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Love AQHAs by Shining Spark... other good lines? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/love-aqhas-shining-spark-other-good-82039/)

Citrus 03-26-2011 10:00 AM

Love AQHAs by Shining Spark... other good lines?

I have just discovered Shining Spark- how have I not known about this amazing stallion??????? Apparently he is "hot" in the reining, working cow horse lines.....

What AQHA stallions are "hot" in other specialties- WP, HUS, Halter??

Include in your answer if this stallion is known for making boys or girls, because Shining Spark is a leading stallion of females....

HUSAngel 03-26-2011 12:38 PM

Oh, Shining Spark is a nice one!!!

I love Sky's Blue Boy for HUS. Also his son "It's All About Blue" is an awesome up & coming stallion. I have a yearling filly out of him and another full sibling to her coming in May. I LOVE his movement, and he seems to be putting it on his babies.

smrobs 03-26-2011 12:53 PM

Carol Rose has always had super nice stock and SS is a great example of that.

This guy is pretty huge in the cutting arena. I have loved him since the first time I saw him work years ago, he's just so classy and intense. Not to mention he's like a Kennedy of the cutting horse world. He's got all the top lines; High Brow Cat, Smart Little Lena, Peptoboonsmal, Doc's Hickory, etc. It appears that he is siring mostly fillies as well.
Metallic Cat - Pedigree

AllegroAdante 03-26-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 975610)
Carol Rose has always had super nice stock and SS is a great example of that.

Yes she does! I got to visit her ranch about 10 years ago and met SS too..he's not the friendliest stallion but he sure is nice to look at

nrhareiner 03-26-2011 06:15 PM

For reining I am not a SS fan. There are other lines who are better for reining. He is better for reined cow horse. He also sires well for rope horses and such. You do not see a lot of SS horses in reining much any more.

FGRanch 03-26-2011 09:21 PM

I like SS for reined cow horse. I actually own a daughter of Makin Moonshine who is by Shining Spark.

I like Topsail Whiz, a few Hollywood Dunit, and Gunsmoke horses for reining. There is a lot I like, but those are just a few.

franknbeans 03-26-2011 09:39 PM

My friend actually has a really nice SS granddaughter who is just a nice mare. She will show in reining, but will also just be a nice all around horse. Very sweet willing personality, along with a great stop and spin. Still refining her, she is only 4, and pushed too quickly too young.

So who do you like NRHA? I LOVE Wimpys little Step. Sorry, but I am a real sucker for the dark Pali's.

nrhareiner 03-26-2011 10:34 PM

I do not have a favorite. It depends on how they are crossed and where each horse falls in the pedigree.

Ex: I like Colonel freckles but only on the bottom side of the pedigree. He was a much better broodmare sire then a sires sire. So it just depends on where and how they are crossed.

lilruffian 03-26-2011 10:46 PM

I love the look of Shining Spark, as well as his offspring. GORGEOUS horses.
My aunt owned a grandson of Shining Spark. He was such a great little horse, unfortunately he was born with a condition where his testicals didn't drop do he's slightly stunted & cannot breed despite never being gelded. Incredible temperment though & displayed alot of potential as a reining horse, though he was a little too small. Only about 13.3hh lol

TeamPenner17 03-27-2011 03:01 PM

Im a Doc bar fan myself