The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Horse Camps :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/horse-camps-82156/)

laurenxo 03-27-2011 01:32 PM

Horse Camps :)

Hi,
I am looking for a horse riding camp to go to this summer. I have found some online but It is pretty hard as most of the info is pretty generic.:think: I was wondering if anyone has been to a horse riding camp in the UK or Ireland? Also what do you think I should be looking for in each of the schools?

laurenxo 03-28-2011 03:42 PM

anyone?? :D

Reiterin 03-29-2011 08:36 PM

Sorry, I don't know. - I want to go to a riding camp too, but I think I'm a little too old. =)~

Lady DS Folly 03-29-2011 11:15 PM

I do not know of any riding camps in the UK or Ireland, but there are a few things to look for in a riding camp. You want to know what the student/ coach ratio is, ie. how many students per coach. You want to look at the riding disciplines taught, the ages of students, prices and the location of the camp. Chose the best camp suited to your needs, western, or english? Hunter/ Jumper or dressage? Visit the camp before you sign up and talk to people who regularly ride there and ask about their coaching methods and your goals. I hope this helped! :D

laurenxo 03-30-2011 04:09 PM

Thanks I'll look into those :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiterin (Post 979266)
Sorry, I don't know. - I want to go to a riding camp too, but I think I'm a little too old. =)~

How old are you because I have found there are ones for people under 18 or 16 but I have also found ones for adults.

Reiterin 03-30-2011 10:05 PM

I'm... an adult. =)
At this point I'd probably have to find a "riding holiday" type of thing. Which is great too, but the problem is, I'd be traveling alone, and a lot of places charge 'supplemental' fees because their Normal rates are based on double occupancy. They'd "lose" money on single travelers. *pfft* I refuse to pay more just because I'm traveling alone!!

Anyway, I just like the idea of "camp" - that's all.