The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I got a white horse, with plenty of mud, and pee stains, anyone know any good tricks? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-got-white-horse-plenty-mud-82179/)

jumping lover 03-27-2011 05:27 PM

I got a white horse, with plenty of mud, and pee stains, anyone know any good tricks?

As probably all people with white horses, or with white parts on horses mud, and pee stains are no fun, and i compete in horse shows, and no judge likes a horse that is dirty, so i was wondering if anyone had any tricks, to get those hard stains to come off, any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks, :)

jumpinglover.

jumping lover 03-27-2011 06:18 PM

anything would be great. thanks, :)

Ioneth 03-28-2011 03:40 AM

I have a yellow dog if I could cure her constant peeing problem I'm sure she would be white. She had to have an emergency Caesarean section and she was spayed at the same time. I swear the vet took out her bladder as well

for her just a good long soak in the tub then a good wash makers her a bit whiter but there is whitening shampoo you can buy not sure if they make one for horses or if the one for dogs would work on a horse

Deerly 03-28-2011 05:04 AM

Green spot remover works surprisingly well! What also works is leave-in shampoo for elderly humans, this actually works a heck of a lot better than the green-spot stuff on the horse market!

I use Quick Silver shampoo too for bath time but it's much easier to use the leave in, wipe off stuff for every day stains.

jumping lover 03-28-2011 08:36 AM

okay, thanks guys. :) this is all very helpful, :)

.Delete. 03-28-2011 09:01 AM

When i had a grey the only thing that got rid of stains completely without spending money on stain remover etc. was body clipping. I body clipped him every 6 months, it was really effective and it kept him looking sleek all year round.

faye 03-28-2011 10:37 AM

Tresseme deep cleansing shampoo.
Soaking the tail in hot water and whilst it is soaking in the bucket drop a milton tablet in the bucket and wait for it to stop fizzing.

Take the horse to the see side and play in the surf!

Snowkicker 03-28-2011 10:44 AM

Once you get the horse clean a little showsheen helps deflect the dirt.
<<<< my baby has a white tail :)

ErikaLynn 03-28-2011 11:12 AM

I also ride a white horse that loves to have pee stains all over. I've tried everything from Cowboy Magic green spot remover to baking soda and vinegar. Nothing worked. Then I found Shapleys Show touch up.

Shapleys Show Touch Up Horse Coat Spray - White - 5009952 | Tractor Supply Company

It's just like hair spray paint. It is the only thing that worked for me.

It doesn't get the stains out, but if you bath your horse really well, then the day of the show spray the touch up on. It stays white for most of the day (with few touch ups here and there). Then it just rinses out with water. It pretty much just covers the stain. I love it I bring it every show.

Jessabel 03-28-2011 12:49 PM

Quick Silver Horse Shampoo, 16 Oz - 5801126 | Tractor Supply Company

My friend uses this stuff on her Paint and it works wonders. It whitened him so well that you could see the pink skin underneath.