The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Chris Cox (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/chris-cox-82222/)

Makoda 03-28-2011 02:57 AM

Chris Cox

I bought his book "Ride the journey" after watching him on rfd tv because I thought he was the closest trainer to what I already do. Since then I have really come to like the way he works. I was wondering what everyone else thinks of him good and bad.

To me he doesn't seem to be a huge promoter of buy this and that and his horses appear to me to work the best, lighter more responsive and they like him. Anyway I see a lot about anderson and parelli but not as much about him, is he not very popular or is he just newer to the public eye.

mbender 03-28-2011 06:07 AM

Chris Cox is a well known trainer. Some want to promote their training and put forth tons of money to do so and some don't. But I like Chris. A lot of times with these trainers they do want you to buy their products. Just a way to make money. But it doesn't mean that they are better than another trainer. You have to formulate your own opinion. Just be careful.
Posted via Mobile Device

kim_angel 03-28-2011 06:21 AM

I saw Chris at Road to the Horse. He was very impressive. He does a great job with the horses. My only problem with him was that in person he mumbled quite a bit and was talking in trainer lingo instead of in every day person lingo.
He was very good though and talented.

MyBoyPuck 04-06-2011 07:25 PM

I love his training methods. They are very simple and easy for the horse to understand. He doesn't talk down to his audience and gives it to you straight, and he's not a sell out. I'm so sick of "my program only works if you use my genuine high priced equipment" stuff.

csimkunas6 04-06-2011 07:31 PM

Ive watched him before on RFD-TV as well, and I always loved watching his shows. I think he does a great job!!

jdw 04-06-2011 07:33 PM

I agree; I watch him and think he does a good job. The horses respond to him well, and he works through many issues I have had so I can really relate. He has stuff for sale, but I like the fact he promotes other things too, like the socks. Hahaha!! I love the cowboy socks I saw on his show that I bought at Cavenders.

csimkunas6 04-06-2011 08:24 PM

^^Cowboy socks?? Never heard, or seen anything on this...is there a website?