The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Oh my gosh... This is creepy!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/oh-my-gosh-creepy-82228/)

Marlea Warlea 03-28-2011 04:34 AM

Oh my gosh... This is creepy!!!

guys im kinda scared cause there is this email going around saying hey as the title and then when you look inside it theres like this thing saying "oh my gosh im so happy i made $48 from google today find out how here"
or something like that, aparently everyone on my contact list has sent this to me, but then i ask them and they go wat? i never heard of it before but didnt u send that to me??
And it's creeping me out because im receiving this email from everyone but it turns out to acctually not be them... please help!1
And has anyone else got this email???

PintoTess 03-28-2011 05:12 AM

No I haven't. Are they playing a trick on your perhaps?

mbender 03-28-2011 05:59 AM

For one: You SHOULD Never open emails that you don't recognize! It could be a virus. Don't answer the ones you opened and don't open those kind of things.
Posted via Mobile Device

Katesrider011 03-28-2011 08:04 AM

Just don't answer them and nothing will come of it.

usandpets 03-28-2011 09:31 AM

When you opened it, it probably had a virus that stole your contacts info. Then the virus sends the same message to them and infects their computer, if they open it, and goes on and on. There are people out in the 'big bad' world that think this is funny or get a kick off doing it. Like others have said, don't open emails from someone you don't know. Just delete them.

Speed Racer 03-28-2011 09:46 AM

It's a virus, plain and simple. Nothing creepy or eerie about it.

Someone (or even you) on your contact list has contracted it in their e-mail system, and it replicates and sends out e-mails to everyone on the list.

The real virus is in the link the e-mail is telling you to click. If you do, your system could be destroyed and you'd have to get a professional to wipe your hard drive and start over.

NEVER click on links in e-mails, unless you know for certain it's a legitimate message from someone you know.

Marlea Warlea 03-28-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PintoTess (Post 977343)
No I haven't. Are they playing a trick on your perhaps?

no because everyone in my contacts has apparently sent it to me and i have apparently sent it to them

Marlea Warlea 03-28-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbender (Post 977352)
For one: You SHOULD Never open emails that you don't recognize! It could be a virus. Don't answer the ones you opened and don't open those kind of things.
Posted via Mobile Device

its hard not to open them cause the heading says hey! and it says it from someone i know (like someone in my contacts)
so i automaticaly think it's a real email cause thats the heading for mst of the emails i recieve also im not sure if it acctually is a virus because when you click "find out how here" it goes to a news page and the heading is "AUSSIE MUM MAKES MILLIONS FROM GOOGLE!!" and then there is this huge story about it

mbender 03-28-2011 06:50 PM

I understand but just don't open anything like that again or you could risk the loss of your hardware.
Posted via Mobile Device

My2Geldings 04-06-2011 04:15 PM

I did get this email as well, but I seem to get regular junk mail from all sorts of websites. That's what why I never link my private email for subscriptions. The internet is tricky.