The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Spring Cleaning (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/spring-cleaning-8233/)

ColleenT 04-24-2008 10:19 AM

Spring Cleaning

well, my horse is moving to a new stable, so i decided to do some spring cleaning, decide what goes up to the new stable and what stays home, and sort thru and clean out containers, buckets, and bags. Wow, what a mess. i threw away so much stuff. and i cleaned a few more things. i washed my Sports medicine boots, dirt and hair..i do feel better about getting it all organized and ready for this riding season. hopefully i can keep it organized, but i highly doubt it. When i start riding a lot more and rushing home, i will not be placing everything in it's proper place.

PoptartShop 04-24-2008 04:33 PM

Yeah, where I board Lexi, we pitched in & did some spring cleaning a few weeks ago. :D It wasn't that bad, but now it's nice & organized. :) It feels good to know everything's clean!

appylover31803 04-24-2008 06:23 PM

my tack boxes are a complete mess! i like to call it an organized mess :D

I know where everything is, it just doesn't look pretty.

I think i should go organize and take home things that i don't use

Dumas'_Grrrl 04-25-2008 12:45 AM

I keep my tack in my laundry room...Uggg...I shoulda let my hubby get a tack shed... :roll: See what I get for being cheap! I should post a pic on here sometime...its almost funny!

FGRanch 04-25-2008 11:16 AM

I hate spring cleanig! We just moved our house onto this land in december, and did the roofing and built the porch. So we have a ton of cleaning and landscapping to do this summer. My horse stuff is all very organaized. Other then my saddles, my husband keeps telling me he's gonna build me a saddle stand. Hasn't happen yet! :D So all of our saddles, 6 of them, are in the back seat of my pick-up (Which BTW still doesn't have a hitch on it, I asked him to do that last spring!) Sorry for the rant! :D

My2Geldings 04-27-2008 02:39 AM

During that "spring cleaning" I always seem to acquire tack I've never owned. People at the barn will leave things on my tack box and forget its there. I usually leave it there but after a month and a half of things still being there I just assume that they are now mine.

Doing that on top of my regular horse tack shopping of things I don't really need in the first place really adds up to new tack. Way to much stuff. :twisted: 8)

Gingerrrrr 04-27-2008 10:32 AM

i went through my tack box because i was going to clean all of my tack and i have 3 bridles :shock: i brought them all home, my mom wasnt too happy. haha. but yea i cleaned out my tack box and brought home all of the crap that i NEVER use. you should see how neat and tidy it is now :D

PoptartShop 04-27-2008 12:36 PM

That reminds me...I need to clean out my tack box lol.

My2Geldings 04-27-2008 02:01 PM

Just las night I acquired some draw reins :lol:

Dumas'_Grrrl 04-27-2008 07:14 PM

LOL... We just got another saddle over the weekend! Tell me why I need 5 saddles for 2 horses??? I think I have a shopping/auction problem :roll: