The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Books... Suggestions? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/books-suggestions-82372/)

justjump 03-29-2011 06:31 PM

Books... Suggestions?

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a good book or two on leg and riding position for the hunters or english riding. If it has good excersizes for building up the correct muscles, good jumping position, or any other good tips that would be great!

I bet there's thousands of books on things like these but I figured I'd ask the experts of the HF:D

Thank you!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sophie19 03-29-2011 06:42 PM

I really love Centered Riding by Sally Swift. She gives you lots of great mental images to use while riding.

justjump 03-29-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophie19 (Post 979216)
I really love Centered Riding by Sally Swift. She gives you lots of great mental images to use while riding.

Awesome I'll check it out!

Anyone else?
Posted via Mobile Device

MyBoyPuck 03-29-2011 08:53 PM

If you find a good one, please repost. I'm also on the elusive quest for solid jumping legs. I think the title of the book I'm looking for is, "take 20 years off your life and then start riding", but I don't think anyone sells that one!

I have been unable to find the book as it pertains to horses, so for now I'm using pilates DVDs to help build up my own muscles. Ooh, maybe that book Pilates for the Dressage Rider. It's not jumping, but it does pertain to muscles needed for riding.

justjump 03-29-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBoyPuck (Post 979389)
If you find a good one, please repost. I'm also on the elusive quest for solid jumping legs. I think the title of the book I'm looking for is, "take 20 years off your life and then start riding", but I don't think anyone sells that one!

I have been unable to find the book as it pertains to horses, so for now I'm using pilates DVDs to help build up my own muscles. Ooh, maybe that book Pilates for the Dressage Rider. It's not jumping, but it does pertain to muscles needed for riding.

Will do!!:D