The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   String test for determining sex of foal (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/string-test-determining-sex-foal-82499/)

Golden Horse 03-30-2011 08:10 PM

String test for determining sex of foal

I know I've read about this, and to make sure I didn't bias the result I've just run the test without checking what the answers should be.

I took a nail, hung it on bit of string and went and held it over Destiny, and it swung in circles, Appy Gilmore, no swinging at all, good job, he's a gelding:lol: Ace definite backwards and forward swing, Alto, no movement at all, once again good job seeing he is baby daddy to one of the foals.

Now then which way round is which?, a quick google search shows both answers for both sexes:roll:

If I was put in a corner and hit until I admitted it, I would love Ace to have a filly, Destiny, mmm not so worried.

GreenTreeFrog 03-30-2011 08:14 PM

We say round and round for girl, side to side for boy.

I used it on my cousin the other day and it said girl. Her ultrasound the next day said boy! :lol:

Golden Horse 03-30-2011 10:51 PM

Anyone else??

Dressage10135 03-30-2011 10:56 PM

We did a test like this in my psychology class.. its all in your head :lol:

Seriously though, you will subconsciously move the string whichever way you want the result to be.

Golden Horse 03-30-2011 11:44 PM

That's why I didn't check which way the string should swing:lol: I didn't want to influence it, and if I DID want to influence it, it would show Ace giving me a filly.

Dressage10135 03-30-2011 11:46 PM

Ohh ok, gotcha. Sorry, I guess it would help if I read the post right! lol

sarahver 03-30-2011 11:58 PM

Ok, having watched many of my good friends do this repeatedly during each of their pregnancies (much to my disbelief) I feel qualified to answer this ha ha.

Up and down means boy, round and round means girl. If it helps to remember and isn't too crude, up and down is kinda like a pee-pee and round and round is kinda like a ha-ha. :shock:

Phantomcolt18 03-31-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahver (Post 980885)
If it helps to remember and isn't too crude, up and down is kinda like a pee-pee and round and round is kinda like a ha-ha. :shock:

Ok you owe me a new computer cause I just spit my iced coffee out on mine. hahaha Just kidding...... I'm sorry that was just great and unexpected!:rofl:

Golden Horse 03-31-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahver (Post 980885)
Up and down means boy, round and round means girl. If it helps to remember and isn't too crude, up and down is kinda like a pee-pee and round and round is kinda like a ha-ha. :shock:

:rofl::rofl:

I will NEVER EVER forget which way round it goes again

CJ82Sky 03-31-2011 05:21 PM

never heard this but it sounds awesome!!!!!! how accurate is it?