The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Do I really want to move my horse?? (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/do-i-really-want-move-my-82513/)

Citrus 03-30-2011 10:43 PM

Do I really want to move my horse??

I love the barn where I keep my horse. Citrus lives in an enourmous pasture with shelters, sturdy fencing and is fed and blanketed by the barn owner. I have a large space in a tack room, a round pen, a large outdoor arena and an entire resevoir to ride around.

I found a place that for $25 dollars more a month Citrus can have his own stall and be turned out in to a large (not enormous) pasture during the day.

The thing is, I have no real qualms at the current place, except for the two year olds that keep tearing off his skin and hair.... and I like the people I board with and see at the barn. But a stall there would be $100 more a month.....

Brighteyes 03-30-2011 11:41 PM

I think horses should have as much pasture turnout as possible. All day is great! Why would you want a stall anyway? I really dislike keeping horses in stalls. Stay where you are. :wink:

Citrus 03-31-2011 07:28 AM

I want to show my horse....

natisha 03-31-2011 10:36 AM

Is there a way for your current place to separate him from the 2 year olds?

mls 03-31-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 981044)
I want to show my horse....

How does not having a stall stop you?

jojonono 04-01-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mls (Post 981196)
How does not having a stall stop you?

some people prefer to keep or have a stall for their horses if they show as it helps them keep in show condition (the night before ect) and also if they have any injures that requires them to stay in, or if they have to have a certain diet. I personally wouldn't keep a horse just outside as if the temperature suddenly dropped or something happened in the weather and i wasnt able to get there i would want to know my horse was indoors (but thats just my opinion)