The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Wahl Walkabout Tour (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/wahl-walkabout-tour-8253/)

LadyDreamer 04-25-2008 03:11 AM

Wahl Walkabout Tour

So, I am going to the Wahl Walkabout Tour this weekend, and I was just wondering how much $$$ I should bring. I'm kind of a spendaholic, especially in high pressure situations like these.

Has anyone here been to one of the Tours? What did you think of it?

Vidaloco 04-25-2008 05:30 AM

I've never been to a walk about tour, but I have seen Clinton Anderson at a regular horse expo. If you don't want to spend a lot of money don't take any :lol: Take home the knowledge and leave all the stuff. His rope halters are way to expensive for me and theres nothing special about them.
Have fun, wish I could go :D

kim_angel 04-25-2008 10:13 AM

I cant wait for this tour to come to my area. I am in MD and I think the closest it will be is GA in Aug and NC in Oct

Have fun and enjoy!!!
:D

Dumas'_Grrrl 04-25-2008 10:58 AM

LOL... I left the credit cards and check book at home!!! :lol:

I got really into the John Lyons clinic I went to at a horse expo till I saw the price tags!!!

Yu can get SO much stuff...in fact almost Identical stuff HALF price elsewhere! :shock:

I scribbled notes the whole time and bought nothing!

(actually I spent $80 on 2 full leather bridles with reins and bits)
but that was at a consignment booth..they were used.

PoptartShop 04-25-2008 12:25 PM

Never heard of it, but have fun! :D

LadyDreamer 04-25-2008 06:33 PM

Oh no, I know about the markup on all the "Special" equipment. Hah, dad won't even let us use a rope halter(not that I mind) unless the poll strap is covered. I think the only piece of C.A. Namebrand equipment I would buy would be another lunge rope, if the snap is the same as the one my sister bought last year. That is my favorite lunge rope.

For the people who have been there, are there many knick-knack dealers? That is what I get suckered into.

I am a C.A. Fan, I will admit. I am not a cultish follower, but I have to give the man some credit. He has great people teaching skills. Watching the Road to the Horse on RFD one time, I saw what I was doing wrong when trying to lunge and could actually had it down the next time I tried.

I love his clarity, and think it will be fun to 'watch him in action'.

LadyDreamer 04-26-2008 12:34 PM

So far so good! I am enjoying myself thoroughly!