The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Body Condition (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/body-condition-82953/)

cosmomomo 04-04-2011 02:13 PM

Body Condition

1 Attachment(s)
I know I could have put this on the critique section, but I don't really want a conformation critique :P This is my guy and he turns 7 April 10th. He's an Irish bred TB, never raced. In the picture on the left, we had just moved from a barn where he lost a lot of weight :( (part of why we moved him) and on the right, he is darker because he is shedding his winter coat, and because he was sunbleached in the first one. That is 6 months later. He wasn't fluffy in the picture, but he hasn't COMPLETELY shed out yet. anyways, do you think he looks better? I mean..I do, but I just wanted to get others opinions. They were taken with different cameras, one was a Nikon, and the other a camcorder lol, but when he is done shedding out and is all shiny again, I'm going to get one just like the left one, in front of the door and everything.

So yea, do you guys think he's put on weight and/or muscle? Hopefully the second pic is okay quality. Thanks :)

bubba13 04-05-2011 01:37 PM

Yes, I think he looks much better. His weight is perfect. I'd like to see the tiniest smidge more muscle over his withers, is all, but overall he looks very good.

csimkunas6 04-05-2011 06:31 PM

^ I agree!! I think he looks good!!!

SAsamone 04-05-2011 07:03 PM

i think he looks great in either pic but yes he has gained and looks good =)

Super Nova 04-05-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba13 (Post 987302)
Yes, I think he looks much better. His weight is perfect. I'd like to see the tiniest smidge more muscle over his withers, is all, but overall he looks very good.

^^^^Ditto

Super Nova

New_image 04-06-2011 09:52 AM

I think he looks pretty good in either photo, would like to see a little more weight on him yet IF he were mine. Honestly, there isn't a big difference between the two pictures - I think lighting, camera angle and the little bit of fuzz he has in photo 2 plays a big part in the difference seen.

cosmomomo 04-06-2011 08:26 PM

thanks guys :) I do still want to see him gain some more weight/muscle, about 100lbs of it. Do you think that would be too much? I mean..the vet said he was a 5 on the body condition scale, but since we show in the hunters I feel like he needs to gain just a tad more to look like a nice fancy hunter :P I do know that he shouldn't gain a whole lot more, since it would be bad on his joints and all, so I'm not COMPLETELY oblivious haha.

bubba13 04-06-2011 10:27 PM

No, he doesn't need to gain weight, and certainly not 100 lbs! He's at the perfect weight now, and his muscling is actually overall very good.

AlexS 04-06-2011 10:35 PM

I think he looks at a healthy weight too!