The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Unexpected Surgery! what the! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/unexpected-surgery-what-83153/)

My2Geldings 04-06-2011 03:29 PM

Unexpected Surgery! what the!

....like what I've been through wasn't enough. I've been some pain in my upper arm/wrist for a few months now. I've let it be because I won't lie, pain as far as I'm concerned is a pretty chronic issue anyways(have had of ortho work done). I finally went in yesterday afternoon to get it looked at by my orthopod I've had for years, and I have actually been living life, in a lot of pain for months with a partially ruptured tendon!! :shock:

I guess my "ache" was a lot more. My orthopod booked me for the next day for surgery to fix it, which is today.

I wasn't planning on posting this on the forum, but I am simply amused at myself. How in the world does someone manage to function with that injury? I don't even know what to do with myself but laugh.

LovinMyRy 04-06-2011 04:47 PM

I walked on two completely ruptured ligaments in my ankle for almost a month thinking it was a so sprain....needless to say I had to get surgery as well and haves been in a cast without seeing my boy for two weeks now.so I completely feel you lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

dressagebelle 04-06-2011 05:18 PM

I saw a chiropractor for the first time a couple years ago after a riding accident (not serious just wanted to play it safe), and he was surprised that with all the accumulated things the x-rays showed, that I was still riding and functioning at an almost normal level. The biggest thing being my neck. He said that with as straight as my vertebrae actually are in my neck that I had to have gotten extremely bad whiplash at least once, and yet I never went in to see anyone about neck pain, nor could I think of any one incident where my neck was noticably sore the next few days. As of right now I don't need surgery, but he says that even with routine care that the wings of the vertebrae may start to rub together, and my discs might degenerate. Which of course made me go "seriously its always been my back and knees more than anything that bugged me on occasion, never my neck." Hopefully I'll get many more years of being fine, cause I really don't want to get surgery done. Scared about what the would entail, and what could possibly go wrong. Our bodies are amazing machines though, things that we think we should have noticed oftentimes our bodies mask, and everyone has a different level of pain tolerance. Things that one person may seem as small and insignificant can seriously affect someone else. I'm glad that the tendon didn't completely rupture, and you went in before anything too severe happened. Glad that they were able to schedule you for surgery for today instead of having to wait a few days/weeks. Let us know how you are doing, and sorry for the novel lol.

My2Geldings 04-07-2011 07:45 PM

You guys are tough chicks! it's unreal what your body can stand. I was able to get a really awesome photo of it to my fiance took. Any takers on some gore pm me.

Hope you guys are feeling better. Sprains are really painful.

equus717 04-07-2011 07:52 PM

Glad that you are healing now.

myhorsesonador 04-07-2011 08:14 PM

I want to see gore but it wount let me pm you.

My mom says that I pay for my docs vacations every year as well as there sports cars. :P I was born with health problems so falling of horses doesnt help any.

TaMMa89 04-08-2011 06:44 AM

Ouch... :shock:.

Get well soon!