The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Finally getting a Redwine foal! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/finally-getting-redwine-foal-83160/)

Piaffe 04-06-2011 05:38 PM

Finally getting a Redwine foal!

Gray Fox Farm - Broodmares - Sequel

I have been ogling this Oldenburg mare for quite awhile. Actually...all of Gray Fox Farm's horses...lol. So I went ahead and bought her today and she is being bred to Redwine (my dream horse!!!) next week:shock::shock::shock: I am SO excited! Plus the mare (Sequel) is still riding sound so she will be a great project! Just wanted to share because I am pinching myself to make sure I am awake. I want a Redwine foal soooo bad...lol.:D:D

Gray Fox Farm - Stallions - Redwine

Anyone on here have Redwine foals????

~*~anebel~*~ 04-06-2011 06:14 PM

I have a half brother to Redwine - they are fabulous horses!! Rotspon throws a very nice modern type with good ability for jumping and dressage.

Good luck!!

Piaffe 04-06-2011 06:23 PM

I just love how they look! I am hoping for a colt,but obviously will be happy with any healthy foal...lol. Thanks!

ArabGirl 04-06-2011 06:46 PM

Droooool....that stallion is STUNNING! Love the mare too! Should be a great cross.

equiniphile 04-06-2011 07:01 PM

Wow, he is, like, perfect! Congrats! You know lots and lots of pictures will be in order ;-)

~*~anebel~*~ 04-06-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piaffe (Post 988797)
I just love how they look! I am hoping for a colt,but obviously will be happy with any healthy foal...lol. Thanks!

The Rubenstein type is by far my favorite!! Some can be a bit long in the back and weak through the loins, but the head and neck are always stunning! I also really like the bone he throws.
Mine's dam line goes back to Cor de la Bryere so will be loosely related to your foal.. this means pictures are expected :P

Any idea on what registry s/he will be elidgible for?

Piaffe 04-06-2011 07:32 PM

I am not sure on the registration(s) yet...I am new to that part...I will have to do some research.
Dont worry there will be lottttttsss of pics! Lol. I really think it will be a lovely cross :)

I dont get to bring her home for several weeks....she has to be bred,confirmed infoal,etc. The wait is going to kill me...lol.

Citrus 04-06-2011 08:02 PM

I hope you are paying the $3750 plus the $1700 breeding fee and not the $8000......

Piaffe 04-06-2011 08:20 PM

I think I got a good deal on her. I am thrillllllled! Cant wait to meet her in person :)

csimkunas6 04-06-2011 08:55 PM

Congrats!! Redwine is gorgeous! I just watched a foal of his born last night....flashy, flashy, and flashy!! From the pics Ive seen of his offspring, they are all so gorgeous! Congrats again!! Keep us updated on this!!