The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trailers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/)
-   -   Gooseneck Door-Which side? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/gooseneck-door-side-83301/)

Rosebud64 04-08-2011 09:49 AM

Gooseneck Door-Which side?

I am sure this is a dumb question, but what is the reason some GN doors (into the gooseneck part) are on the drivers side and some are on the passenger? What benefits/drawbacks do either one have?

Rosebud64 04-13-2011 12:34 PM

No one has an opinion?

wyominggrandma 04-13-2011 01:53 PM

All mine have had doors on the passenger side. I have seen them with doors on the left side, but the ones I have seen usually have living quarters for that door.
Maybe cause most folks are right handed? Heck, I don't know.

Alwaysbehind 04-13-2011 01:55 PM

Not sure there is a true reason.

I have had a trailer with the door on both sides.
Though I find them more commonly on the passenger side I prefer the tack room door be on the driver's side. If only carrying one horse it rides on the driver's side so it is easier to have the tack room there.

Saddlebag 05-03-2011 10:46 AM

Merely a manufacturers choice. How to make a new model? Let's move the door to the other side. That should sell them like hotcakes. Lol.

mls 05-03-2011 11:08 AM

My LQ door is on the drivers side. Rear tack.

I like the door on the drivers side if I have to pop out of the truck and run back to grab a soda out of the cooler. When I have a full truck of passengers - we throw the jackets, purses in the LQ.

haflingerlover 05-03-2011 05:36 PM

Mine is on the passenger and I like it. I did see one trailer with doors on each side I was in LOVE with that one. I do a lot of showing so the double doors would have made it so much easier.

Zimalia 05-08-2011 11:24 PM

We had a reverse slant trailer that the door into the tack room was on the driver's side.

honeyloaf72 05-10-2011 12:09 PM

I'm not experienced with horse trailer, but I am with regular RV's. If you are at a horse motel or campsite w/horses, your neighbor's door most likely will be on the passengers side. So if your door is on the driver's side, you will be facing your neighbor and will not have any privacy, nor will he. Just a thought.