The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Doc Bar (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/doc-bar-83339/)

Ladybug2001 04-08-2011 05:53 PM

Doc Bar

This might be the wrong forum and a stupid question, but what exactly did he do? I don't know how to explain it to my parents because we bought a mare with him not to far in her pedigree. Also is Straight From Sickum or Doc Olena have any importance? Some people here seem to recognize the names.

Here is my mares pedigree.
Sickum Doc Olena Paint

NicoleS11 04-08-2011 06:01 PM

I just took this off of allbreedpedigree.com

I LOVE doc bar horses...your mare is pretty well bred..

leading sire of AQHA Champions,
NCHA Champions, and Arena ROMs.
AQHA Hall of Fame
Stallion Offspring Record,
World Champion , WP, CUT, WCH, HUS,
Reserve World Champion , CUT, Top Ten World Show , Superior Halter , AQHA High Point Halter , CUT, Superior Performance , AQHA Champion , ROM Halter ROM Performance , Performance Point Earners, Hall of Fame , NCHA & AQHA Offspring earned $1,178,484 in cutting.
SIRE OF: Wrld Ch 9, Resrve Wrld Ch 4, Top Ten World Show Offspring, Superior Halter. 14.275%fnd

kevinshorses 04-08-2011 06:06 PM

Doc O Lena was a World Champion cutting horse as was his full brother (Dry Doc), mother (Poco Lena) and father (Doc Bar).

Ladybug2001 04-08-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoleS11 (Post 991125)
I just took this off of allbreedpedigree.com

I LOVE doc bar horses...your mare is pretty well bred..

leading sire of AQHA Champions,
NCHA Champions, and Arena ROMs.
AQHA Hall of Fame
Stallion Offspring Record,
World Champion , WP, CUT, WCH, HUS,
Reserve World Champion , CUT, Top Ten World Show , Superior Halter , AQHA High Point Halter , CUT, Superior Performance , AQHA Champion , ROM Halter ROM Performance , Performance Point Earners, Hall of Fame , NCHA & AQHA Offspring earned $1,178,484 in cutting.
SIRE OF: Wrld Ch 9, Resrve Wrld Ch 4, Top Ten World Show Offspring,
Superior Halter. 14.275%fnd

Awesome, I never really looked into Doc Bar, never thought I would own one. Do you know anything else on any others in her pedigree?

Ladybug2001 04-08-2011 06:54 PM

Just to share

3 Attachment(s)
This is the girl I bought last Saturday, ironically she is turning 13 tomorrow. She was rescued and you can't tell until you are really close to her, she use to be way worse the girl I bought her from gave me pictures of what she looked like 3 months ago two days after she was rescued. She is possibly pregnant, I think the stallion she was running with has Doc Bar in his bloodlines as well though I'm not sure.

Attachment 60636

Attachment 60637

Attachment 60638

BrewCrew 04-08-2011 08:19 PM

<3 Doc Bar :D

Good luck with your new girl! She's cute!

Ladybug2001 04-08-2011 10:48 PM

Thanks, it is needed. She needs lots of food and love.

candandy49 04-09-2011 08:09 AM

Your new horse is "power packed" with line breeding both on her Sire's side and Dam's side. The top side is the Sire's bloodline and the bottom side is her Dam's bloodline. On your horse's top and bottom she is line bred Doc Bar and line bred Poco Bueno. Poco Bueno was also an awesome Champion and a Foundation QH Sire. I also saw she is line bred to Texas Dandy.

Not intending to worry you, but you might want to research the genetic condition HERDA. It is a condition related to closely related Poco Bueno line breeding. The AQHA can give you full details on HERDA.

Enjoy your new girl!!!

Ladybug2001 04-09-2011 09:33 AM

Would HERDA show up on her papers? I just recieved them a few days ago, though the bank didn't have her original papers so we have to wait for those.

My aunt wants to teach me how to show for some reason, she got all excited when I said my mare's name. Though I did notice that as well, she is bred to Doc O'lena on each side so that puts Doc bar and Poco Lena and many others in her bloodlines twice.

candandy49 04-10-2011 06:48 AM

I'm not certain HERDA would be noted on her registration certificate. HERDA is a relatively new discovery in the genetic formula of closely line bred Poco Bueno horses.