The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   P90X workout...have you tried it? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/p90x-workout-have-you-tried-83426/)

sandy2u1 04-10-2011 02:33 AM

P90X workout...have you tried it?

I've seen the infomercials about it, heard people talk about it, even a local radio station go on about. I was just wondering, have any of you tried it? What were the results?

mlkarel2010 04-11-2011 08:05 PM

Personally I haven't. But I've seen the schedule for it and seen my friends do it. It's INTENSE. So if you're up for being sore a lot, but being a beast then go for it!

Tymer 04-12-2011 06:25 PM

Gimmick. Just work your butt off and when something gets easy make it harder...They bring up a lot of "muscle confusion" in their program. Its BS. Basically, if you want to save yourself some money but get the "P90X" workout, do this: Set a number of reps and weight (whichever applies) to a certain exercise. Make it fairly difficult. Once it starts getting easy after many workouts, even a little bit easier, make the exercise more difficult. Increase the weight, the reps, or just take your time with it more. (Lifting weights slowly is a lot harder)
I'm only 16, but I've become a bit of a fitness expert, lol.

Amlalriiee 06-11-2012 09:12 PM

I did this for 2 weeks and it worked GREAT. I didn't stick to the program schedule and was just using a used set of the DVDs with no special diet or equipment. I've also used Chalean and Insanity which both worked well, too. I agree in a way that the programs can be gimmicky, but I think they ARE effective. Also, it's REALLY hard to stick to and create a really intense workout routine of your own. Especially in the busy/stressful lives many of us lead. I can't even think straight by the time I'm out of work and would NEVER be able to think of my own exercises in that time just because my brain is fried for the day. I can focus all my energy into the muscles being used and the effort I'm putting in if someone else is calling the shots ;)

RandysWifey 06-11-2012 09:18 PM

My husband and his co-workers have used it and insanity-they all really like both. BUT they swear by crossfit. I know it's not the same but they all say they've gotten better results with it.

franknbeans 06-11-2012 09:24 PM

My daughter does it. Has for several months, but she is somewhat of a fitness addict. SHe has now gone to the newer "insanity" workout, which she says is much much harder. She does these on her "off days" in rotation with her gym workout and running a minimum of 25 miles a week.

Me-not so much. lol No idea what all this is.

Houston 06-11-2012 10:20 PM

It's ok, but I much prefer the Insanity work out. Good for cardio and abs!
I've not tried crossfit... I'm a bit scared of it, haha!

CLaPorte432 06-11-2012 10:31 PM

My mom has both P90X and Insanity. She says Insanity is much harder.

I do not have the courage to try either. ;-)