The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   What in the name of all that is good is WRONG with this world? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/what-name-all-good-wrong-world-83500/)

MacabreMikolaj 04-10-2011 08:46 PM

What in the name of all that is good is WRONG with this world?

I don't know why I'm surprised WHATSOEVER, but every so often I stumble upon a video that makes me sob a little more for the horse industry. I was showing my brother-in-law the atrocities of Big Lick and happened upon this gem.

This is a COMING 2 year old - in December. So, basically, assuming the average horse is born in April, that means this darling filly was only a year and a half. And already completely trained.

I hope something truly and horribly and wretchedly awful happens to the sick twisted SOB's who did this to her and every other horse who's forced to live this horrific life. :-(

YouTube - Coming 2 Year Old Tennessee Walking Horse

equiniphile 04-10-2011 08:51 PM

Ugh. *resisting the urge to write a long, detailed letter explaining where this person should go because it will not get me anywhere....* :?

Hidalgo13 04-10-2011 08:54 PM

Sad. :( She's so young.

MacabreMikolaj 04-10-2011 08:56 PM

It took every urge I had not to blast him because he obviously deletes the comments from his main page on a regular basis and it rolls off like water on a ducks back.

I just felt physically ill thinking of how many of these poor babies every single year have to endure the same BS for the sake of money and trophies.

Citrus 04-10-2011 08:59 PM

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

equiniphile 04-10-2011 09:04 PM

Love how the comments are disabled.

crimsonsky 04-10-2011 09:10 PM

the age thing aside - i don't understand what the point is of having a horse move like that. horses don't MOVE like that on their own. at least, i've never seen one of any breed do that without a rider. :(

now on the age thing - i had someone tell me the other day that i should start backing my colt now because "well you're not that big and it'll be fine". um... he'll be 11mths old on monday. are you nutz? no way.

A knack for horses 04-10-2011 09:32 PM

You know, it really doesn't surprise me that that guy's riding posture sucked.

I think what makes this video 100 times more horrific is the fact the horse is using an unnatural gait.

IMO, I don't have a problem with people backing coming 2 year olds, but having a completely trained horse that is just now turning 2 will NEVER be even remotely ok in my book.

I think everybody knows where that guy can go so I won't say it.

apachiedragon 04-10-2011 09:40 PM

That's horrible. Did anyone else notice him gouge her under the belly with those big spurs he was wearing right at the end in the slo-mo? That poor baby. Doing an artificial gait like that so young, she's bound to have all sorts of leg and joint, and probably back issues when she gets a bit older.

MHFoundation Quarters 04-10-2011 09:48 PM

How sad. That poor thing :( That was almost painful to watch. I noticed the spurs too. Sad to think about what her future has to offer.