The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horsey bedroom makeover!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horsey-bedroom-makeover-83507/)

Marlea Warlea 04-10-2011 10:16 PM

Horsey bedroom makeover!!

so guys, post your ideas how to create the ultimate horsey bedroom!!
I've got an idea...
for those of you who still have soft toys (like me!) a great idea is to put them in haynets!! it saves alot of space, and it looks cool!!

apachiedragon 04-10-2011 10:23 PM

Wallpaper murals are a quick way to make over a room. There are lots of horsey ones out there. horse wallpaper mural images

You can also use a wooden tack trunk as a storage chest. Fancy bits, although not always great to use on horses, look nice hanging on walls. You can use horseshoes as curtain tie backs. You can spray paint them any color as well.

equiniphile 04-10-2011 10:23 PM

I have a ton of old QH and Paint horse journals laying around, so I tore all the stud ads out of them and taped them on my walls, 5 rows from the top. Love it!

Marlea Warlea 04-10-2011 10:29 PM

use a bucket as a rubbish bin

gaelgirl 04-11-2011 12:15 AM

I use old horse calendars to create collages! It's great, because even if you don't have any calenders, any that are left by know are just being given away for like $1 or less.

Ali M 04-11-2011 01:48 AM

I'd go to flea markets and garage sales and stuff like that to find old tack. I had a super old bridle hanging on my mirror for a long time, it really makes it look vintage and horsey

glitterhorse 04-11-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali M (Post 993621)
I'd go to flea markets and garage sales and stuff like that to find old tack. I had a super old bridle hanging on my mirror for a long time, it really makes it look vintage and horsey

I go antique-ing and look for old horse stuff! It's fun! Recently I just bought a copper-cut out horse to hang on my wall. I didn't like the copper color but I liked the horse itself, so I bought it. I should post pics! I spray painted it white and I am going to paint something cute on it.

equiniphile 04-11-2011 10:07 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Well, here's my room if anyone wants ideas. Easier to post pics than explain, lol!

Marlea Warlea 04-12-2011 12:58 AM

trouble is i gotta find a way to make it look neat and EXTREMELY horsey... mum haters posters so thats a no-go

Shiavo 04-12-2011 05:55 AM

Equiniphile : Holy cow! That is one very impressive bedroom!