The Horse Forum banner

Brindle?

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  iridehorses 
#1 ·
Someone emailed me pictures of what i thnk is just freakin wierd and in a way its interesting but its definatly not good! Does anyone know about these?

[/img]

See less See more
#4 ·
I didn't even know horses could be brindle! :shock: I like brindle dogs...Don't know if I really like it on the horse tho. :? It seems to break up their natural lines. Maybe its just me...I don't like those optical illusions.

#7 ·
I just ran across this "pattern?" doing a random search on rare colors etc. I have been reading about it and thought I would search here to see if anyone has said anything about them. I want one!!! The grulla ones are so pretty!!!

Does anyone have any other info on them? From what I've read they were thought to be associated with dun factor, but now they are proven on non-dun horses. Some sites say the trait is passed on in breeding, others say it isn't. Not a whole lot on the net about it...

#14 ·
same here walkamile - i like that kind of stuff

From what i've read it isn't a color, just a pattern - but no registries acknowledge them except the buckskin registry and they call them duns, which isn't always the case. It will be really interesting to find out more about this as they do more research!!!

I guess they had their own registry, but looks like it was privately owned and is now out of service.

Here is the most informative website I've found as of now. Not that well put together, but not a whole lot is available on these horses. If anyone else finds any info on brindles I would be great if you would share it :)

http://www.brindlehorses.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.