The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   Eating horses (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/eating-horses-83557/)

Dayane 04-11-2011 01:16 PM

Eating horses

Hello everyone, I had understood that, in England, eat horses is forbidden. Is it right ?
If it's right, how they had done ? Because in France, unfortunately, eating horses is possible today, and a lot of people fight against with petitions, but unfortunately, the government doesn't react...

Speed Racer 04-11-2011 01:19 PM

Um, you've picked the wrong forum to be hatin' on people eating horses. Very few of us here have a problem with it, especially since many European horses are raised primarily as food animals, just like cattle.

I'd think being French, you wouldn't have a problem with it since you've been raised to think it's normal.

Katesrider011 04-11-2011 01:21 PM

Yeah, you're on the wrong forum for this.

I just hope you realize the debate this will probably cause. But I respect everyone's opinion.

Dayane 04-11-2011 01:25 PM

I realize that the debate will probably cause, but I thought that we could talk about everything here. Sorry.

Katesrider011 04-11-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayane (Post 994035)
I realize that the debate will probably cause, but I thought that we could talk about everything here. Sorry.

Well you can talk about anything, but the majority of people here are pro slaughter.

Sorry if I came off as rude.

Speed Racer 04-11-2011 01:29 PM

We can, just don't get upset if the majority of people here don't share your opinion. That's all I'm saying.

Dayane 04-11-2011 01:40 PM

I won't feel upset, I'm very open minded, but, even if in France a lot of horses are raised for food, many people send their horses at the butchery because they are hurt, or something like that, and if people are fighting against something in France, it's most of the time to forbid this possibility, and if I asked this question, it was just for know know if it's the reality I've heard was right for the United Kingdom.

ladybugsgirl 04-11-2011 01:43 PM

Wow I didnt realize alot of you were ok with slaughter. Glad I can keep my opinion to myself on this topic
Posted via Mobile Device

Katesrider011 04-11-2011 01:46 PM

What people do with their horses is not decided by you. Yes it's very unfortunate for the horse sometimes. I personally would try to find an alternative other than slaughter for an injured horse, but not everyone thinks the same way. Some people make a living off horses and have no time to try to sale it when it is injured. It's a sad outcome for the horse, but it'll still serve a purpose to feed people. They don't go through anything worse than cows, pigs, chickens, and etc.

ladybugsgirl 04-11-2011 01:48 PM

Katie chill just a little I was just stating I didnt realize alot of you were pro slaughter. I didnt say anything about what someone should or shouldnt do with there horse
Posted via Mobile Device