The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (
-   -   My New Gelding!! *picture overload!* (

lilkitty90 04-16-2011 01:57 PM

My New Gelding!! *picture overload!*
this is my new gelding, just got him yesterday around 5, and he's the cutest and sweetest thing ever!!

warning graphic pictures!

first round of drugs
poor drugged pony = /
second round of drugs!
lol me updating everyone on the news of whats going on!
and well into the surgery we started out with video so thats why the lack of pictures lol
he cut into a vein and we had a bleeder so he had to stitch that up, as well as one testicle was so tiny he had to go digging for it. thought it wasn't there at first.

lilkitty90 04-16-2011 02:01 PM

and more!
cleaning the blood from his bum
all finished
"dead pony"
hehe his drunk hair

TheLastUnicorn 04-16-2011 02:13 PM

LOL... it's always kind of "funny" when they have to go right out! I hope everything is healing well!

MacabreMikolaj 04-16-2011 02:33 PM

So nice when everything goes well! We had a recent gelding that was awful - she gave him enough drugs to kill an elephant, and he STILL woke up halfway through and made a colossal mess. We finally got it done, and he was up on his feet within a couple of minutes and had shaken off the drugs in about 10 minutes. SOMEHOW we managed to prevent it from getting infected.

csimkunas6 04-16-2011 02:36 PM

Congrats on your new gelding! LOL....Rodeo was gelded a few months before I got him, I heard it is a fairly simple procedure though!

lilkitty90 04-16-2011 02:40 PM

yeah i was kind of worried when he cut into that vein and it was gushing and squirting everywhere lol, here iw as holding his front let up and freaking out thinking i was going to get squirted.. =s it did go well though he did in the middle of it take his right hind leg and stretch it up straight up into the air, and kick it around a bit, as well as move his left rear leg some but he was on the ground for a few minutes after the surgery so i doubt he really felt anything, on top of that he was walking and running just fine afterwards!

fuadteagan 04-16-2011 06:52 PM

Haha he is so cute. Is he a pony? He was bleeding alot. Where were you? Just in one of the pastures?

lilkitty90 04-16-2011 09:53 PM

nah he's an appy x QH cross, and nah not in a psture just outside of it though, and he was bleeding alot because the vet accidently cut a gushing vein.

PintoTess 04-17-2011 12:34 AM

Nawww, poor boy lol , he looks cute!