The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique Cheyenne&me english. some jumping as well (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-cheyenne-me-english-some-jumping-84399/)

xEquestrianx 04-19-2011 11:05 PM

Critique Cheyenne&me english. some jumping as well

6 Attachment(s)
Here's Cheyenne and me tonight. We did a little bit of jumping as well. Sorry the picture quality is so bad on some of them, I don't know what exactly is going on with that. But feel free to critique as harsh as you want, but on me. Cheyenne is still learning and I know we have stuff to work on. But critique away! Oh and in the picture where her head is pulled around, she was being a butt and got in trouble. So don't mind the akwardness in that one haha :)
Thanks guys!
Also excuse the lovely outfit of mine. Haha my english boots are having issues at the moment. and that jacket just makes me look wonderfully giant on cheyenne haha

Cinder 04-19-2011 11:52 PM

I would watch your heels while jumping, they look like they are up. I'd also like to see you release a tad more when jumping. Your hands also look like they are too low. This tends to throw you off balance so pick up your hands a little. You look pretty good other than that, I believe.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the third picture is the one you were talking about. If it isn't, I would watch making a turn like that. Also it looks like you're drawing your hand WAY back. One of my instuctors once told me that "You kind of have to turn secretly", if that makes any sense to you! I know that on some horses and in some situations it's impossible to make the eensy barely-moving-the-hand turns, but I feel that this much movement just brings bad things for the horse and rider. I think that some may disagree with me on this point though.

xEquestrianx 04-20-2011 12:10 AM

Ya haha my hand is way up, and I agree with your point. But she was trying to do her lovely little bolting thing and I just was getting her pulled up fast because of that. But I do agree with the lower profile stuff for sure

myhorsesonador 04-20-2011 12:13 AM

I'm not going to give a critique but I just want to let you know that the jump is EXTREAMLY dangerous! Please don't use rolls of fencing. If she dodges the jump or jumps crooked she could get a foot stuck. Not fun!

BTW your horse is very pritty

Kitty74 04-20-2011 10:47 PM

The one thing I would really say is that you're completely riding with your hands in your lap. Try picking them up and putting them forward, basically. Also, you might want to do some exercises to get your pretty girl to move off your leg more instead of having to yank her around by her mouth. You girlies are cute though, Cheyenne is adorable.

xEquestrianx 04-21-2011 12:04 AM

Thank you guys^. And I do see how strange my hands look haha, I will definetly work on that.
And she does work of my leg and does great most of the time. But in these, she was being a total butt and was in trouble. I don't usually need to be on her head as much as I am in these

horseobsessed977 04-21-2011 11:06 PM

Pick up your reins hands and get them out of your lap! :D Legs back, shoulders back and remember to keep your heels down and relax when jumping. Shorten your reins. :D