The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Riding critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/riding-critique-84421/)

apachewhitesox 04-20-2011 07:24 AM

Riding critique

Ok I'm not sure how much you can get from this video but I thought I would chuck it up anyway. I'm going to apologize in advance for the poor quality, its the best I could get at the moment without help. From what I can see I think I look pretty bad compared what I thought I was like. I was having trouble getting Pepper to maintain her pace. I'm a little embarrassed but I would like more opinions if I can get any. If the video isn't any good just tell me and I would advice to have it on mute because its just the traffic in the background.

Elana 04-20-2011 11:34 AM

Can't see a thing. Sorry.

ChingazMyBoy 04-21-2011 06:54 PM

Hey,

So I tried my best to watch it but it was just a bit difficult. It almost looked in some places like your horse was limping - trot work? Within your canter, you look slightly unbalanced. Remember to not push your foot through your stirrup and push your heels down - it will help you stabilize your lower leg a fair bit. Which is currently rocking slightly. You really need to ride your horse forward, his looking slightly - lazy. Remember to sit deep at the canter, but at some times your sitting back slightly too far - so that your behind your horse.

At trot, remember to ride your horse forward, heels down and really use your body to work your horse. It will help, a lot. Your lower leg is what stabilizes your WHOLE position - creating a horse who is more forward and you'll find a lot easier to work.

equiniphile 04-21-2011 06:59 PM

Is your horse okay? His trot looks a bit off.

apachewhitesox 04-21-2011 07:00 PM

apachewhitesox 04-21-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equiniphile (Post 1006935)
Is your horse okay? His trot looks a bit off.

Yeah I don't know what was with her that afternoon she seemed a bit off. I have been keeping an eye on her lately I am suspecting she might be getting arthritis maybe.

horseobsessed977 04-21-2011 09:59 PM

Sorry, couldn't really see anything. Like everyone else said, his trot did seem off. And I think your saddles to small. You should have 3 to 4 inches of room from the rider in front and behind. You have none... :D

apachewhitesox 04-21-2011 10:02 PM

Haha by the way Pepper is a she and thanks. I'll have a look at the saddle I thought it was ok it feels comfortable. It isn't actually my saddle I'm just using it until the stirrups on my saddle are adjusted.

horseobsessed977 04-21-2011 10:04 PM

I always do that on here... calling them a he when its a she and a she when its a he. :))

apachewhitesox 04-21-2011 10:06 PM

:D thats cool I just thought I would let everyone know