The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   Rip casper (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/rip-casper-84473/)

Marlea Warlea 04-20-2011 09:09 PM

Rip casper

1 Attachment(s)
i have finsihed my grieving over him as this happended 2 1/2 years ago, but i would like to share with you a special little pony, that turned out to be not exactly what we thaught.....

he was my first pony, a 16 y.o welshy.
After a few weeks of owning him, he began to trip alot and become rather aggresive.

We got a vet in and turns out Casper was 28 and drugged!!!

We kept him but riding wasnt a possibility as my safety was at risk.

One morning i was playing in the arena with my friend and i heard a horrible noise, like someone kicking the loose box... we run to caspers field and find him in there continuelsy kicking the loosebox wall with his front hoof.
I rang mum on my mobile and she came up and said he probably just needed a change of scenery. So we took him to another paddock (with no loosebox) and he started kicking the gate with his front hoof again.

This lasted about 3 days, and he was lying down a whole lot and struggling to get up.

I found him under a tree the following morning

RIP LITTLE BUDDY

equus717 04-20-2011 09:35 PM

He was a pretty boy. Sorry for the loss. He is now running free though.

Marlea Warlea 04-20-2011 09:38 PM

yeah, with missy :)

see thread 'my horse got hit by a car!' for her story

equus717 04-20-2011 09:40 PM

I am so sorry. I have had a horse hit by a car as well. I got lucky she survived.

Marlea Warlea 04-20-2011 09:42 PM

:) yeah, missy was a black mini pony, so hard to see in the dark :) she got killed last year

equus717 04-20-2011 09:46 PM

I think what saved my mare was she was hit during the day so people driving had a clear view of her.

Marlea Warlea 04-20-2011 10:05 PM

yeah... did u see the other thread?