The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Pics of my baby Ariat from this summer :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/pics-my-baby-ariat-summer-84477/)

Ariat164 04-20-2011 08:32 PM

Pics of my baby Ariat from this summer :)

5 Attachment(s)
Just so you know the riding pics were from some of Ariats first shows, he had only been under saddle for like 3-6 months in these pics, I say 3-6 because they were not all taken at the same time. :)

2horses 04-20-2011 08:51 PM

No critique, but he is a pretty boy and looks sweet too. I like the last picture of the two of you together.

Ariat164 04-20-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2horses (Post 1005773)
No critique, but he is a pretty boy and looks sweet too. I like the last picture of the two of you together.

Tamibunny 04-21-2011 03:44 PM

Oh My Gosh, when I first glanced at the first pic I was like OMG this girl stole my Mikey pony! lol He's a little polish arab, almost identical to your boy but mine has a snip on his muzzle. (not the horse in my avatar btw)

He looks great for being so green. My only critique is on the 3rd pic it looks like you could get your lower leg a bit further back and underneath yourself. Your hands are also a bit far back. If you move them forward a bit and let him find the contact I think his frame will look a bit less forced and more natural. But hey kudos for great progress with a greenie. :)

Ariat164 04-21-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamibunny (Post 1006711)
Oh My Gosh, when I first glanced at the first pic I was like OMG this girl stole my Mikey pony! lol He's a little polish arab, almost identical to your boy but mine has a snip on his muzzle. (not the horse in my avatar btw)

He looks great for being so green. My only critique is on the 3rd pic it looks like you could get your lower leg a bit further back and underneath yourself. Your hands are also a bit far back. If you move them forward a bit and let him find the contact I think his frame will look a bit less forced and more natural. But hey kudos for great progress with a greenie. :)

haha my hands were so far back because I was attempting to slow him down (my legs and seat just werent doing it at the time) lol. He does amazing in the practice ring he will collect up beautiful and keep a nice pace and then I take him in the show ring and he forgets everything and thinks he is a racehorse lol. I think its because he has an attachment to the mini and it never fails that the moment I enter the ring is when my mom decides to bring her out and show her off lol not to mention I get a little nervous in the ring to begin with lol I am gunna have to work on that one :)

Hidalgo13 04-21-2011 05:38 PM

He's so preeeeeetty!!!!!!! :)))))

equiniphile 04-21-2011 05:57 PM

He is gorgeous, and looks great for only a few months U/S!

apachewhitesox 04-21-2011 09:58 PM

Haha I just wanted to say I love how he is licking you in the last picture

Ariat164 04-22-2011 11:23 AM

Thanks guys :)

Ray MacDonald 04-22-2011 12:13 PM

You both look great! I love the last pic, it is soo cute!