The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Leather Dressage Saddles with Adjustable Tree (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/leather-dressage-saddles-adjustable-tree-84538/)

sixlets 04-21-2011 02:32 PM

Leather Dressage Saddles with Adjustable Tree

I'm in the process of saving money to get a leather saddle, but I need to get one with an adjustable tree so I can fit it to multiple horses at multiple stages. I would opinions on different brands, and if you know of any brands that I don't I would appreciate information. Here are the brands I know of that can come with an adjustable tree:
Schleese
Classic Saddlery
Laser

P.S.
If anyone has one of these for sale in 17-17.5" pm me :wink:

Gidget 04-21-2011 03:05 PM

why don't you go for a treeless dressage saddle? I have a treeless hybrid and I love it and so does my horse. I recommend them to people now. You can get some for cheaper if you don't mind a used one.

sixlets 04-21-2011 03:17 PM

I've ridden in a treeless and it did not aggree with me. It didn't feel like it put me in a good position. Maybe it was the brand (Freedom I think...). It was synthetic, so maybe that's why it was so uncomfortable. And they are SO expensive. I did look into them a while ago, but found I couldn't even afford a used one. But thanks for the input! It's always good to know what's out there

Gidget 04-21-2011 03:21 PM

yea,no problem :)

I have a leather barefoot cheyenne that I bought for $425..that's a good deal! The saddles are expensive.I think you either love em or hate em.

I will keep an eye out for a flexible tree for you.

qharabluver 04-22-2011 01:16 AM

Bates Austrailia has quite a few adjustable tree english saddles, if that is what you are looking for. They teamed up with Wintec and Bates does the leather versions of the saddles

sixlets 04-22-2011 12:32 PM

I have a Wintec, but I'm looking for something with a more comfortable seat. They don't seem to fit me well :(. Which is too bad, I love the ease of caring for them.

Zimpatico 04-22-2011 12:36 PM

If you have to use only one saddle for multiple horses, the most important thing to keep in mind is moderation with all other aspects of the saddle. A moderate curve to the tree, moderately angled panels, a nice wide channel, and a tree that isn't too hoop shaped or creates too much of a dip next to the withers. Keep in mind that an adjustable gullet will not change any of these aspects of saddle fit.

sixlets 04-22-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimpatico (Post 1007703)
If you have to use only one saddle for multiple horses, the most important thing to keep in mind is moderation with all other aspects of the saddle. A moderate curve to the tree, moderately angled panels, a nice wide channel, and a tree that isn't too hoop shaped or creates too much of a dip next to the withers. Keep in mind that an adjustable gullet will not change any of these aspects of saddle fit.

Yeah, that's why I wanted some opinions on the different saddles. I think that's why I like Schleese so much, I used it a tiny Arab pony and my tank of a mutt. I also saw a Classic Saddlery and liked how wide the channel was and the tree wasn't curved too high or too low (which sometimes Schleese can...) If you have any information on the saddles that would be awesome!

leisel98 05-30-2011 09:04 AM

I have a Bates Isabell & a Laser Rendevouz... I'll take take Laser every time.

The Laser fit my wide back Welsh Cob well, has a monoflap & deep seat that gives me a comfortable close contact ride & fits most horses I've put it on.... the adjustability is done so easily.

Both saddles will be listed for sale as I sold my mare...

bubba13 05-30-2011 01:03 PM

It's treeless, but fully adjustable, and I am a total convert: Trekker Inspiration