The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What do you think about pink saddle pads on male horses? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-do-you-think-about-pink-84737/)

horseobsessed977 04-23-2011 10:05 PM

What do you think about pink saddle pads on male horses?

I like pink saddle pads but I ride a gelding. Do you think its kind of weird having pink on a male horse? I think I'm just going to get the blue since I'm not a big fan of this one in pink. But I was just wondering what other people thought of it. :mrgreen:

Tymer 04-23-2011 10:53 PM

A girl I knew once bought all pink and purple saddle pads for her big stocky palomino gelding. After seeing him have a huge "crush" on all the guy horses and no interest in girl horses, she was convinced he was gay and wanted to dress him appropriately.:roll:

cfralic 04-23-2011 10:55 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it, he won't care.

Tennessee 04-23-2011 11:01 PM

I know quite a few girls that rock "girly" colors on their geldings at barrel races.

Golden Horse 04-23-2011 11:07 PM

I rode my stallion with a pink pad for a while, didn't seem to worry him at all:lol:

RadHenry09 04-23-2011 11:13 PM

We use purple and pink on our geldings. My daughter has a lot pink tack for our paint gelding and I always say he is "Tough enough to wear pink" My husband thinks it is a little strange and cringes when he sees me with the girlie colors for my boys but like Golden Horse said they dont seem to be worried about the colors I put on them:-)

fuadteagan 04-23-2011 11:20 PM

:-| -rolls eyes- My horse like totallycares what colors she wears! If you like pink or have it then use it! Just cause he's a gelding doesn't mean anything. I don't really think it matters! -sigh- people these days..... :P

MHFoundation Quarters 04-23-2011 11:46 PM

Go for it. I wouldn't worry about sex of the horse so much as color. I don't like pink on sorrels at all, but love pink with grays & dark bays. I wear rose colored chaps on my bay stud. He's man enough :lol:

Poseidon 04-23-2011 11:57 PM

Though pink is definitely on the list of "Colours I Do Not Like", it's all over rodeos that support Tough Enough to Wear Pink. I see no issue with a gelding wearing pink. I would put dark blue or green on a mare, so why not pink on a gelding?

MIEventer 04-24-2011 12:47 AM

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Your horse, your money, your choice - if people don't like the fact that you have pink on a gelding, then that's their problem.

I put pink on Nelson all the time.