The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Corriente Saddle Co. Have they changed their quality? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/corriente-saddle-co-have-they-changed-84866/)

5thHorseman 04-25-2011 12:41 PM

Corriente Saddle Co. Have they changed their quality?

So I've read a lot of good reviews on here about the strength and durability for the cost of the saddles made by Corriente Saddle Co. and I was rather impressed so I gave them a call.

On the phone I spoke to the owner and asked him a couple important questions:

1) Q: What sort of guarantee does my saddle come with?
A: All of the trees used come with a 5 year guarantee against breakage while roping, but if the horse falls over then it's not covered.

That's it? How do you prove that it broke while roping? Seems kinda sketchy.

2) Q: What sort of guarantee do you guys have on your craftsmanship? If I find any significant flaws can I return the saddle?
A: No.
Q: Wait, you don't guarantee your work?
A: No.

So now I'm asking you all. How does a company that seems to make a good product have these kinda answers to these questions? Has their quality dropped significantly from 1-2 yrs ago?

My girlfriend has a Corriente saddle, and she loves it, but that saddle was bought 5 yrs ago.

Back to top http://ranchers.net/forum/templates/...on_profile.gif http://ranchers.net/forum/templates/...sh/icon_pm.gif

iridehorses 04-25-2011 05:45 PM

The way a tree would look would be very different from a fall vs a roping break.

#2. I'm very surprised. They always allowed a return on an unused saddle - you paid for shipping.

My experience with Corriente was from 2 years ago and they were great to deal with.

smrobs 04-25-2011 08:55 PM

I got my saddle from them about a year ago and I was extremely pleased with both the service and the saddle that I got.

5thHorseman 04-29-2011 10:42 AM

Well my situation might be a bit more risky in their eyes. They advertise as making an 18" seat saddle, but they don't keep them in stock, and they said since it is custom made then I don't get a return policy.

5thHorseman 04-29-2011 10:45 AM

Well I just want to put it out there that I had a master leatherworked look at my girlfriend's saddle and he was impressed by the saddle for the price. He pointed out quite a few good things that it had that usually aren't present on cheap saddles. It seems as far as the functionality goes, if you go with a Corriente you get more than you pay for.

I just hope that since he has standardized all his trees and leatherworking that the saddle I am about to order from them fits as good and is as well made as my girlfriend's roper.

Plains Drifter 04-30-2011 12:02 AM

I just ordered a saddle from them tonight. It will be here on Friday. I am really hoping I like it. I did ask if I could return it if it a) I didn't like it, b) it didn't fit my horses. Melany said as long as I don't "ride" in it, then it could be returned. I can fit my horse and sit in it to see.

smrobs 04-30-2011 12:05 AM

WooHoo, PD! I hope you love them as much as I do. :D I demand pix if it fits your girls and boys.

corinowalk 04-30-2011 12:05 AM

I think the reason for the no return policy is because an 18" seat is going to make it a custom saddle. Customs on just about any saddlemaker aren't going to carry a return policy.

Plains Drifter 04-30-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 1017667)
WooHoo, PD! I hope you love them as much as I do. :D I demand pix if it fits your girls and boys.

After talking to Melany about what I would be using the saddle for, I went with their barrel saddle. Rode in one for the first time last year, and loved the feel of it. It's also only 22 lbs and easier for me to lift and lighter on my girls. I don't do any roping, so basically it will be used for trail riding and moving our cattle from pasture to pasture.

I am very nervous about having spent so much money on a saddle. Now..on a horse, that's a different matter, rofl!

smrobs 04-30-2011 12:24 AM

LOL, so long as it fits your horses and it's comfortable for you, it will be worth it, I promise. Everyone I know with a Corriente has been using it heavily for years (roping heavy cattle, 15 hour days every day riding, etc). Yours should last forever :D.