The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   How's he looking? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/hows-he-looking-84871/)

AnimalFarm2006 04-25-2011 02:28 PM

How's he looking?

Hey you guys!

Can you guys lay it on me at how my mini's handling skills are looking?

Tatter is a 10yr old over weight mini who had that bad mini behavior. He would rear, kick, bite, etc when you walked, or trotted him. So I started to walk, and trot his little ass around the arena and over standing poles. When he reared, I pulled his head back down and turned him in sharp turns. Soon he was walking, trotting, and cantering beside me like a champ.

I never thought to jump him untill he one day jumped over a bent pole instead of walking. I ended up propping it up against another pole and well..now were at this point.

sorry about the crude equipment. I try to make ground poles and such but ran out of poles to use when he started to go through the small alley I go through. XD Soon I'm going to try to do some jumping out in the middle of the arena and than get him to ride with a long driving reins as a refresher from his younger days. He rides..just not very good.

JerBear 04-25-2011 06:22 PM

OH that was so cute haha Sorry I dont know anything about minis.... But he looks good!

AnimalFarm2006 04-25-2011 07:23 PM

I meant that I'll be behind him with the reins not ridding him!!!!

Also..I'll be getting another video done soon. Just have to have a free day. Might even do a few jumps in the feild just to get him out of the arena mode.

csimkunas6 04-25-2011 08:58 PM

If he was as bad as you say he was, as far as handling and what not, then Id say you guys have came a LONG way!!! How exciting! Hes a cutie too! :D

luvbear8 04-25-2011 09:13 PM

Once he gets back in shape, he'll look great! He's got some jumping ability in him and he does it fairly well!