The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to fix a messed up mane?

8K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  osage645 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a problem. I recently bought a new horse, however, his mane is two different lengths. According to the old owner, he rubbed his mane raw right in the middle....it's growing back, but that middle section is consequently 3 or 4 inches short than the rest of his mane. It looks......special :D .

Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

#6 ·
it would be easier if someone could physically show you. go get a pair of razor scissors, or a razor knife, they are like 3 bucks. use that to cut the mane, because you dont want it to be a perfect straight line, it'll look silly.

#9 ·
i would just cut it all the same length, then start taking care of it regularly so it grows well. =]
what i do, is put mayonnaise in my horses mane and braid it all up so that it doesn't break off or get pulled out or anything like that.
also MTG is great for growing faster!

#10 ·
notorious_ said:
i would just cut it all the same length, then start taking care of it regularly so it grows well. =]
what i do, is put mayonnaise in my horses mane and braid it all up so that it doesn't break off or get pulled out or anything like that.
also MTG is great for growing faster!
Does the Mayo stink?

#14 ·
Heyy, Well my horse had the same sutuation when i first bought her, she rubbed her main off in her olf home, so it was differnt lenghs. With some help, we cut it, with razor scissors, and now it has grown to normal length and looks beautiful :D ,, Good Luck! Let us know how you do it. Also I would probaly go with pulling the mane, i would of if i knew about it back then :lol: ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.