The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Pain occurring from riding. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/pain-occurring-riding-8507/)

ak_showgirl 05-02-2008 02:28 AM

Pain occurring from riding.

:(

so i have been having really bad back pain for a while now and im pretty sure that riding is the cause of it.. my entire back hurts very badly (it is all muscular pain) after i ride for a while...it hurts even worse after i have been jumping and schooling a lot. i am currently doing massage therapy (a very painful massage because my muscles get so tense) and the person giving me the massage makes comments about how tense my muscles are, i am also getting chiropractic done...but all of that doesnt really seem to be helping, it works for a day or 2 then the pain is back.... its very painful and it increases after shoveling or riding hard. so i was just wondering if any of you have experienced this and what you have done to help =] thanks a ton ! :D

love-a-hero 05-02-2008 03:33 AM

Hey =]

Yeh I expirenced back pain when I was training showjumpers. Mainly in the lower back. As I went into two-point. I asked around, and lower back pain is caused by lose tummy muscels. ie. the tighter your tummy muscels the less pain. I didnt jump for long, as i had a bad accident, and then I moved on to Showing, and I work part time with my bf's reining, cutting horses. As I got older, i expireced less pain :? But most of my pain occured after Showjump training and X-country... because of the two point frame.

ak_showgirl 05-02-2008 11:44 AM

ok thanks, i suspected that it had something to do with jumping....

PoptartShop 05-02-2008 12:25 PM

Yeah sometimes after I jump my back is a bit achy. ;)

love-a-hero 05-02-2008 10:21 PM

thats what i think it is anyways :)

SonnyWimps 05-02-2008 11:27 PM

I usually never jump, and lately I've been schooling a horse over jumps, and ever since I started my back has been bothering me. More than likely it's the two-point..and the excess weight I have on the middle :lol:

but also...I've thrown out my back a couple of times due to work :roll:

ak_showgirl 05-03-2008 02:41 AM

ok...well ill start to do some ab exercises but i have a pretty strong stomach so im not sure that is what is causing it...im kinda wondering if i am doing something wrong that could be throwing my back off...

Thanks for the replies!!! :D

ILuv2ride 05-03-2008 11:20 AM

When you ride lean back. and do not hunch forward it may give you back pains. Hope this helps

love-a-hero 05-06-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuv2ride
When you ride lean back. and do not hunch forward it may give you back pains. Hope this helps

Umm, why would you lean back? :roll:
I thought leaning back would strain your back more then anything :?

ak_showgirl 05-06-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuv2ride

ok, ill make sure im doing that. i do not believe i hunch forward..but i will pay more attention to it and see if it helps! thanks