The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Please give your opinion or experience - (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/please-give-your-opinion-experience-8513/)

boonesar 05-02-2008 07:11 AM

Please give your opinion or experience -

I have 2 horses that I ride when I have time. I don't get to ride as much as I like. I have a 2 daughters a 4 year old and a 1 year old. When I do get a chance to ride I spend the whole time getting our horse to get used to riding again. I don't just like to get on and go on a trail ride if they haven't been ridden in a while.

I was thinking about finding someone with experience to come and ride them reguarly. Then used to have horses but doesn't now and would still like to ride. Just to keep the horses in tune so when I want to ride I can get on a go. Free to the rider, I still keep them at my house feed them and clean up after them.

Do people do this sort of thing. I would like to hear others opinion before I make the offer.

Vidaloco 05-02-2008 07:21 AM

I've known lots of people who do this. I was just reading an ad in our paper a few weeks ago. They were wanting someone to ride their horse and work it. A friend of mine has the neighbor kids come over and ride hers. She gives them free lessons and they help keep her horses rode. You might check with the local High School or 4-H group.

PoptartShop 05-02-2008 10:15 AM

I think that'd be a great idea, & good for your horse! :D My friend does this a lot; she's in college & can't spend as much time with her horse as she'd like to.

Dumas'_Grrrl 05-02-2008 10:30 AM

Thats one of the reasons it took so long for us to get horses. Our friends were always willing to have us come over and ride. Seems as though alot of horse owners don't have a chance to ride as much as they'd like. Including us. I would just draw up some sort of liability release for people to sign in case they get hurt. or pick up a sign at a local Tractor Supply type store that states that you are not responcible for accidents.