The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Colors and Genetics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/)
-   -   Color Personalities (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/color-personalities-85130/)

twogeldings 04-27-2011 11:29 PM

Color Personalities

When I go off looking at a horse, I have a tendency to assign it a 'personality' based on it's color, and think of patterns as having their own special little genetic personality spazzings.

So! I thought it'd be interesting to see if I'm the only weirdo who does this or if someone else is up for giving it a shot :lol:

To start off, I'm just going to hijack my posts from petersonfamilyfarm thread about her darling little Meekah. I can't describe my thoughts any better :-P

I picture Tobiano as sort of a laid back, mellow kinda dude, pretty regular.
Overo is more sassy and loud, but still proper and neatly put together, very crisp.
Sabino covers itself in paint and ambushes at random whilst screaming "OOGLY BOOGLY"

Tobiano and Overo are properly mortified.

Dominate White is the crazy kid with the blue hair who think lime green checkered pants go great with that glow-in-the-dark pink vest and tye-dye t-shirt.

Splashed White: Ninja E_E

Chestnut - The Stepkid. The mildly spastic stepchild that is one moment mellowly chewing on the corner of the couch and the next chasing after the family cat in a loincloth and a tub of bacon grease.

Black - The Secret Agent. The weird kid who never seems to sweat and appears perpetually cool, despite the fact that it's 120F and you're in the middle of the desert.

Fading Black - The Surfer. Life motto: Chill duuuuude!

Gray - The Artistic One. Who knew so many things could stain in so many vibrant colors?

Bay - The Jumper. You see that fence? Consider it jumped.

Dark Bay - "Is my horse wet, or is that just his color?"

Brown - Occasionally moonlights as Black!

Cremello - Party Quirk. The quirky guy at the party who isists on diluting everything

Perlino - I USED TO BE A BAY ;-;

Palomino - The Diva. Looks fancy. Always. No exceptions.

Your turn! :D

Poseidon 04-28-2011 01:04 AM

Buckskin - Track star. Loves to run and run.

For some reason, I always mentally see a buckskin galloping around. :P

NdAppy 04-28-2011 08:31 AM

I would have said that LP is way more ninja than splash white lol You never know when, where or how much LP is going to affect a color.

Chiilaa 04-28-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NdAppy (Post 1015251)
I would have said that LP is way more ninja than splash white lol You never know when, where or how much LP is going to affect a color.

Nah LP is like a transvestite. Sometimes, you just can't tell that it's not a real woman. Other times, it's so darn over the top, you need shades.

NdAppy 04-28-2011 10:04 AM

That works too! :rofl:

Hoofprints in the Sand 04-28-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poseidon (Post 1014967)
Buckskin - Track star. Loves to run and run.

For some reason, I always mentally see a buckskin galloping around. :P

LOL yup sums my buckskin up as well! :lol: Although that's just when you wake her up...otherwise she's pretty laid back the rest of the time! I'd also add "curious" and "very willing to please"!

christabelle 04-28-2011 12:07 PM

I see Cremellos as "mellow", but probably only because my Cremello is a QH, and my Black, Bay and Chestnut horses Are all spastic Arabians. For the record, I love spastic Arabians.
Posted via Mobile Device

MaggiStar 04-28-2011 12:56 PM

my bay meets your description perfectly in a moment of madness in the paddock i was watching them gallop around everyone else turned down the lane to the field. Maggi jumped the 5bar gate into the stables then looked shocked as to how she even ended up there!
to me anytime i think scewball i picture a real fine 14.2 araby type with foal at foot?

Poseidon 04-28-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiilaa (Post 1015339)
Nah LP is like a transvestite. Sometimes, you just can't tell that it's not a real woman. Other times, it's so darn over the top, you need shades.

:rofl: This made my day.

Cinder 04-28-2011 03:55 PM

This is hilarious!

Quote:

Bay - The Jumper. You see that fence? Consider it jumped.
That one's my favorite!

White- Painfully, cripplingy shy. Also kind of crazy.

THIS IS A COLOR BECAUSE I SAY SO:

TheverelsusiveDunBuckskinMix: Cackling. Mischevious. Evil. LOOK, IT'S LAUGHING AT YOUR INCOMPETENCE.

^^ I had to do the above because I can't count how many times someone in my family has asked "Is that a dun or a buckskin?"