The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Managed to get some great action shots of my TWH (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/managed-get-some-great-action-shots-85151/)

Diegosmom 04-28-2011 08:14 AM

Managed to get some great action shots of my TWH

5 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to share.....on another note the farrier is coming out on Monday and hes a walker man him self and he said to help with pacing he always leaves the back shoes off and just shoe the front.Any thoughts?

Jacksmama 04-28-2011 09:42 AM

Oh wow, those are some great action shots! I ride Mountain Horses, I'm not sure if there are differences in regards to shoeing or not and my boy was trotty so different issue,lol. Very pretty Walker though!

twogeldings 04-28-2011 11:42 AM

Is he singlefooting here? Rather looks like it, the Fast Walk is 'flatter' I think. Love the reach those hind legs have though!

I browsed some single footing videos of Racking horses last night. It's just abnormal how quick those horses move O-O

thrillkat 04-28-2011 12:19 PM

Very nice! He's reeeal shiny! :D

Diegosmom 04-28-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twogeldings (Post 1015458)
Is he singlefooting here? Rather looks like it, the Fast Walk is 'flatter' I think. Love the reach those hind legs have though!

I browsed some single footing videos of Racking horses last night. It's just abnormal how quick those horses move O-O

I really dont know much about anything when it comes to gaits.I know he paces pretty bad.I have a thread going about that subject but here is another video i got of him

momo3boys 04-28-2011 02:07 PM

He looks great! I'm still training mine just to ride but by next year I'll be focusing on doing the same thing!

luckyT 04-28-2011 02:11 PM

Beaooooootiful horse!!

churumbeque 04-28-2011 03:55 PM

What about boots so you can use them only when needed. When ever I have shod a gaited horse front feet only they get rough and trotty

twogeldings 04-28-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diegosmom (Post 1015523)
I really dont know much about anything when it comes to gaits.I know he paces pretty bad.I have a thread going about that subject but here is another video i got of him
YouTube - Mister right now

I completely suck at gaits too :lol:

Pacey or not though, I love that front end action to death. It looks so pretty!

Diegosmom 04-29-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by churumbeque (Post 1015772)
What about boots so you can use them only when needed. When ever I have shod a gaited horse front feet only they get rough and trotty

I dont know anything about boots either..Arnt those just to protect the hooves