The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saddle help...what do you all know of this saddle

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  amightytarzan5 
#1 ·
My mom got me The Trail Riders magazine and I saw a nice saddle that I thought looked comfortable. Please can you tell me all that you know on this saddle..if you own one, or have ridden in one, please tell me how the horse usually responds, how comfortable it actually is, and any pros and cons to it.

I'm looking for a saddle that I can pleasure ride in, trail ride, and do some jumping in if I get the itch to....this saddle I guess is close to being a bareback pad, but does have stirrups...which it what I do want....it sounds really nice and for $250 it's fairly reasonable on price. The pad is $50 I believe and the breastcolor is about $50 also...so all together I'm looking at $350 plus sales and/or shipping

Below is the name of the saddle and the website link. PLEASE let me know what you guys think of it.

Cashel Soft Saddle
http://www.cashelcompany.com

#3 ·
I've heard that it's really nice but some people think it's too bulky I've never used one myself but I want one for my girl maggie one of my neighbors uses a natural ride bareback pad and really likes it it's about the same price you might want to look into one of those. hope I've helped

#5 ·
My riding instructor bought one a few months before she moved, so I rode in it about 10 times. It is super comfy and I really love it! I was thinking about getting one, but I am going to jump, and I don't know how much of a jumping saddle it is. It really teaches you to use your balance and your legs. It's a great saddle.

#8 ·
I replied to another of your saddle posts. I looked at this saddle too. It sounds too iffy, and again, I don't see how it can distribute weight w/ no tree and be comfy for a horse for an endurance ride. You might be better off putting your money into a higher priced Flex tree. I think it would be okay for small trail rides for a confident rider.

#11 ·
it was the soft saddle I was looking at

I went to a tack shop that actually had one in stock and it slipped around soooooo much on the plastic back thing...it definately was comfortable, but didn't seem like it would last at all to any type of elements.

I've decided not to try that saddle...I found a nice Big Horn one that I'm going to try on Sonny...but I saw a "saddle fit" video so I'm going to try what they suggested to get a basic idea of if the saddle will fit

#13 ·
I think that the SoftSaddle is better for a horse that is really easy to fit saddle wise. My lesson horse was the perfect horse almost. I really miss her. Anyways, the saddle is best for a horse where no saddle slips and almost every saddle fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.