ONE DAY EVENT LOOMING....HELP!
I have my first ODE next Sat (10th May) and need some help as i am abit unsure of how it all works exactly. I want to know as much as possible so i know what to expect as i am a previous showjumper ONLY! Although have done a few varied dressage tests.
I want to know what to expect as it isnt only my first ODE but my mares first competition in a long while, and her first competitive course or cross country fences, and also doing three diciplines in one day. Its all pretty small stuff so heights not an issue for her but still a first!
Thank you in advance!
this is how it works at the ones ive been too
- when you get there find where it is you have to go and sign in & get your number
- run around like made making sure you and your horse are perfect ;)
- first up is the dressage test. make sure you are really well prepared. find out in advance if you can have someone call the test. if its lower level dressage you should be able to
- after dressage is the cross country event. its usually pretty basic and not too long. just ride the course at a steady pace and when you get long stretches let him stride out a bit more. dont tire your horse too quickly :)
- all ODE's ive been too have a vet check after the cross country course. they just check to make sure the horse is fit enough to continue competition.
- then its the showjumping course but it seems you know all about that :)
hint: offer your horse plenty of water during the day. some horses wont drink away from home so take some mollases to add to the water and he/she will most certainly drink it then ;) plenty of water helps get you through to the end of the day
Oh thank you!!! Thats brilliant! Yeh i was worrying about her not wanting to drink as she is like that away from home but i will def try the molasses idea!
Also how does the point system work?
Thankyou again your a star! Not so panicy now! hehehe
not sure exactly to be honest but i think its:
- different moves attract different scores. you are scored out of that number per move and then penalties are added together. includes penalties like presentation of horse and rider to
- error of course = disqualification from dressage test
- cross country is 1 - 2 points on knock downs and same for refusals. not sure if there is a rule about 3 refusals on one jump and youre d'qued. not sure
you should know all about the show jumping side of it ;)
i dont know if ive been of any help but i hope so :D
I ride EFA. Usually ODE format works like this
- Always have the lower Dressage First
- When the Lower Dressage is done, they head out to the X- country.
- Then the HIgher Dressage group moves to X-country
- Lower moves to Showjumping
- High moves to Showjumping
Although most Comps I go to are run over 2 days because of the nominations. But yeh all in all they like to keep things running, so make sure your prepared :wink:
Yeh as Jazzy said, Dressage is marked on each movenment out of 10. Errors are, faults in the test, horse steps out of the arena (iv done that one before :oops: hehe)
Well your a SJ er so u know all that.
Just to make one small comment on Jazzy's reply. There are no 'knock downs' in X-country, im sure that was just a mistake :wink: Just Refusels, and time in X-country.
Best of Luck 8)
^^^ lol yeah. i didnt notice that til now. i must have still been thinking SJ :)
THANK YOU ALL! Check out the other post of how we got on and all the pics! hehe
where is it?
Look further down the list and its called ONE DAY EVENT PICS!
See what you think and thanks for your help!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.