The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   First trailer ride A SUCESS! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/first-trailer-ride-sucess-85296/)

CecilliaB 04-29-2011 10:09 PM

First trailer ride A SUCESS!

Does anyone else have nightmares about the first trailering experience for your young horse? I did but she proved me wrong!!! She has only been in a trailer once when we picked her up when she was 10 months old.

Sonata loaded right in and we put her behind my friends mare(they are pals) and left the window open so she could stick her nose out. We went and dropped my friends mare off at the barn she manages and Sonata got to play with some other horses then she went right back in. I thought she would flip out being trailered alone and scream all the way home but NO.....she seemed perfectly fine.

I feel SUCH relief lol :clap::clap: .....Celebration over hehe.

Plains Drifter 04-30-2011 12:54 AM

Woot! Congrats!!!

smrobs 04-30-2011 01:11 AM

WooHoo!! Yep, I was nervous as heck when I took Rafe to get him gelded so I put him in there with Dobe since they were buds and it was completely uneventful......thankfully.

tinyliny 04-30-2011 01:31 AM

i am a basket case in ANY trailering situation. Gotta get over that . . . .

Congrats. It is not luck. Something you did with her training set up this success, not luck.

CecilliaB 04-30-2011 07:57 AM

Smrobs - I think trailering with an older confident horse really does help them at least have an initial experience of "Wooh, this is strange but not so bad!" Glad everything went well with Rafe :)

Thanks Tiny! She really has a great mind to which helps!

PintoTess 04-30-2011 08:06 AM

My bad trailering exp wasn't a first one! Tess fell over and ripped 2 back shoes off and stood on the nail, nearly broke her pedal bone and had a puncture wound in her hoof sole. On the way to an interclub last year. she had 6 months off and healed well. Now a few weeks ago I went to an interclub hosted at the same place. My body clock told me to worry whilst floating her there. I was sick. Not of nervousness of the comp but of floating her.

Can He Star 04-30-2011 08:07 AM

i was nervous when i first bought my tb and had to bring him home. it was like 2-3 hours but he was a good boy. congrats its a big thing to worry about