The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Entry-Level Dressage Bridle Review Anyone? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/entry-level-dressage-bridle-review-anyone-85303/)

Scoutrider 04-29-2011 11:00 PM

Entry-Level Dressage Bridle Review Anyone?

Hi all!

I've been shopping around for an entry-level dressage bridle, and have pretty much narrowed the list down to Smartpak's Plymouth model, and an HDR model.

Plymouth Dressage Bridle by SmartPak - Dressage Bridles from SmartPak Equine

HDR Padded Dress Bridle/Flash - Statelinetack.com

I personally like the look of the HDR bridle better, with the option for white padding, but beauty is as beauty does, and I haven't found many reviews or ratings on it one way or the other. The Plymouth seems to be a popular buy, and has a ton of good reviews and recommendations. So, I thought I'd appeal to the experience of the HorseForum members for some input before I make a final decision. Does anyone have any experiences with these brands or models, good or bad?

I do understand that within that price range I'm not likely to get world-class quality, but that isn't what I need. My hope is to find a workable schooling bridle to match my dressage saddle. However, I'm definitely open to other options or recommendations. :-)

Thanks in advance for looking, and for any input!

kitten_Val 04-29-2011 11:56 PM

I like the fact that Plymouth has 55 positive reviews while HDR just 1 (I like the look of Plymouth more :wink: ). But with that being said I didn't try either.

Rachel1786 04-30-2011 12:04 AM

I have had this bridal for my mare since October and I couldn't be happier with it, I actually only paid 37 for it, but even tho the price went up i would buy another one in a second, although it seems like it's going to hold up really well. everyone who see's the bridal can't believe how little i spent on it, they all comment on how good the quality is, I highly recommend it!

equineeventer3390 04-30-2011 01:31 AM

Dover Saddlery | Suffolk Dressage Bridle .

Scoutrider 05-01-2011 01:22 PM

Thanks so much, guys!

I reeeaaally like the look of the Suffolk bridle! I've seen them in Dover's catalog before, but never marked down so far. I'll do a little more research on it, and see about ordering a cob size before they run out or something (would be my luck :lol: ). It'd be amazing to get something more in the $80 price range for $40.

Thanks again, and if anyone else has any recommendations or cautions, please feel free to share! :D