The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Is it possible that Brooke is acting strangely becaue she misses me? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/possible-brooke-acting-strangely-becaue-she-85375/)

brookebum 04-30-2011 08:40 PM

Is it possible that Brooke is acting strangely becaue she misses me?

SO.. I dontthavBrooke any more.. and I haaent seen her in a couple of months .a friend of mine went to see her and apparently she is biting and kicking at people, she is agitated and seems un happy. We had a very close bond, she was terrified of people until I worked with her for months. Now it seems like she is back to being fearful again and nnot happy. Could this be bcause she misses me?

Also, apparently after light work she bled from the nose. What could have caused this? It was after light flatwork, and I used to ride her for 3+ hours on the flat, jumping 1m+, swimming, xc etc and nothing happened like that. Her owner apparently put it down the the cold, but it wasnt a particularly cold day, and I cross countried her in the middle od winter, when she was breathing out mist, and the ground was icy and nothing happened.
Please help me! I want my girl to be happy!

horseluver2435 04-30-2011 11:39 PM

Could be.
Could also be lack of work, over worked, stress, health issues, etc. Could be a lot of things.
Unless you have more information or are in a position to do something about it, I don't think it's worth losing sleep over it. Most likely she'll settle in to her new routine and be fine.

In other words, it's possible, but there are also lots of other possibilities.

gaelgirl 05-01-2011 03:13 AM

I think it's definitely possible. You were the one who gained her trust, and worked with her, so maybe she is acting out because she misses you. As for the nose bleeding, I don't know.

PintoTess 05-01-2011 03:23 AM

I don't know at all. She did look confortable with you.