The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Double Registering? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/double-registering-85423/)

Stoddard 05-01-2011 11:25 AM

Double Registering?

I was wondering if it were possible to double register my horse. Her father is a registered Quarter Horse and her mother is registered Paint. The only problem that I can see here is that the sire was crossed with a TB. I was half-hoping I'd be able to double register her regardless.

haviris 05-01-2011 10:57 PM

I'm assuming she's reg. Paint? She can't be registered QH because she has a Paint parent. If she's colored she can be registered pinto.

Stoddard 05-02-2011 04:59 PM

She has knee-high white on all but one leg, face markings, a couple patches in her mane and tail, and a spot. Doubt that's enough to qualify for pinto. Haha

CCH 05-02-2011 09:03 PM

If it the April Rain horse in your album, she most certainly qualifies for Pinto papers. They will only cost about $60 with the membership.

As for AQHA, she would need to have parents that are eligible for registration under the crop-out rule. All ancestors would need to be AQHA registered before she could be. The fees for horses older than 4 years are $1000 each. Unless your horse is a serious show competitor or breeding animal, it wouldn't be worth the paperwork hassle and costs.

equus717 05-02-2011 09:05 PM

It wouldn't be. I have a mare that is all QH on her papers. Her mom was a cropout so she couldn't be registered QH and was registered Paint instead.

I hated this I wish I could register my mare AQHA to but her mom has deceased.

Stoddard 05-03-2011 01:12 PM

Well, bummer. Oh well, I'm happy enough with Pinto and Paint registering. Both her parents are registered, but not to the same thing.
Sire = AQHA
Dam = APHA

Snowkicker 05-03-2011 01:29 PM

It is doubtful that you will be able to register her as APHA either. Unless the quarter stallion was blood tested and a stallion report was sent for that year.

Stoddard 05-03-2011 01:44 PM

Meh. I guess in a way it's not necessarily important to register a trail horse, either is it?

Snowkicker 05-03-2011 01:50 PM

Naw! If you really want her papered I'd go for the pinto registry. If you aren't going to show and you are just going to ride trails than save your pennies for some nice tack.

Stoddard 05-03-2011 05:30 PM

I don't need anymore nice tack, I got what I need. :D Perhaps I should throw out a few pictures of my saddle, breast collar, and bridle, huh?