The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   I love my saddle more than my horse! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/i-love-my-saddle-more-than-85435/)

petitepyromaniac 05-01-2011 04:51 PM

I love my saddle more than my horse!

After a long search, I found a saddle I LOVE! However, it doesn't fit my horse. I'm almost tempted to sell my horse and keep the saddle!

I realize this is a bit over-the-top, but do any of you love your tack?
:D

Katesrider011 05-01-2011 04:54 PM

I like tack, but I don't think I would ever sell a horse to get one, unless I completely hated the horse. :P

petitepyromaniac 05-01-2011 05:02 PM

It doesn't help that my horse makes me angry 65% of the time, so that could explain why I'd be more tempted to keep the saddle and sell her haha. My main requirement for my next horse is that it fits that saddle though! Lol

lovesmyhawse 05-01-2011 05:34 PM

Wow.... are you for real??
I almost fell over when I read your post.
Why are getting angry with your horse??
Buying or selling a horse on the basis of how it fits a particular saddle has got to be the most absurd idea I have ever heard of... seriously....

Citrus 05-01-2011 05:42 PM

LOL.... I understand because it sounds like your horse is not for you if you only have 35% of the time where you are not ready to launch her cartoon style. Saddles are great, but the only set on top of your horse.... get a better horse so you can poo poo the saddle and go bareback.

Golden Horse 05-01-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petitepyromaniac (Post 1019459)
After a long search, I found a saddle I LOVE! However, it doesn't fit my horse. I'm almost tempted to sell my horse and keep the saddle!

:D

I can sooo understand that, I threatened to do the same thing when I bought my Reinsman saddle :lol:

I did say and I nearly mean it, that I will not buy another horse if the Reinsman doesn't fit it

Skipsfirstspike 05-01-2011 06:51 PM

Hey, there is nothing wrong with selling a horse if it is not working out for you. And when looking for new prospects, bring the saddle with you!

corinowalk 05-01-2011 06:55 PM

I would do it. *laugh* Especially if it just isn't a match with you and your horse. My favorite saddle doesn't fit my boy but...other than that we mesh well. Sounds like you and your girl don't...the saddle is just the icing on the cake!

Golden Horse 05-01-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesmyhawse (Post 1019509)
Wow.... are you for real??
I almost fell over when I read your post.
Why are getting angry with your horse??
Buying or selling a horse on the basis of how it fits a particular saddle has got to be the most absurd idea I have ever heard of... seriously....

In all seriousness but also in fun, it actually isn't the most absurd idea, though it is radical.

My Appy Gilmore, must be some sort of classical shape, a lot of saddles seem to fit him. Alto however, never have found a saddle that REALLY fits well yet.

Having bought and sold so many saddles trying to get a fit for him, I really think it would be less stressful to find a saddle you like and fits you, THEN go horse shopping. It must be easier to find a horse to fit a saddle than a saddle to fit a horse :lol::lol:

luvs2ride1979 05-01-2011 07:04 PM

Maybe your horse would go better for you if the saddle fit properly.