The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   Core Workout (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/core-workout-85713/)

chevaliernr 05-04-2011 04:13 PM

Core Workout

Pretty much what the title says. What do you guys do to strengthen your core?

gaelgirl 05-05-2011 12:34 AM

I do what we (my soccer team lol) call Crazy Eights. You do eight regular crunches, you do eight crunches twisting to the right, then the left, you do eight crunches with your legs straight out, and then you do eight crunches with your feet flat on the floor. Repeat with seven, then six, and so on down. I also do planks, which is where you start in push up position, and lower your self down onto your forearms and hold yourself flat for x amount of time.

JessieleeZ 05-05-2011 07:53 AM

Look up some pilates core work :)

MyBoyPuck 05-08-2011 06:14 PM

Pilates works for me.

drafts4ever 05-10-2011 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaelgirl (Post 1023878)
I do what we (my soccer team lol) call Crazy Eights. You do eight regular crunches, you do eight crunches twisting to the right, then the left, you do eight crunches with your legs straight out, and then you do eight crunches with your feet flat on the floor. Repeat with seven, then six, and so on down. I also do planks, which is where you start in push up position, and lower your self down onto your forearms and hold yourself flat for x amount of time.

Holy crap that's crazy! Good but wow I've never done that much. I'd burn! I'm sure it would be good in a day or so but I don't remember doing that much before!
My dance instructor when I was 16 had us do crunches and planks all the time. Lots of sit ups too inverted. We had the things your feet are strapped into? It was 4 times a week in the weight gym in the second gymnasium on campus.

TheEquestrianAthleteCoach 05-16-2011 03:56 PM

Hi chevaliernr

Here is a quick video that I shot for my Equestrian Athletes recently.

There are also a few others on there that you may be interested in.

Please let me know how you find them.

Matt