The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Does Anyone know this Dam & Sire (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/does-anyone-know-dam-sire-85734/)

Macslady 05-04-2011 09:08 PM

Does Anyone know this Dam & Sire

OK, so I posted the same thing on another thread and got a little info and now I am hoping someone on here may know more or possibly where I might see pictures of them. We are looking at an almost 3 year old filly whose dam is Annie Oakley and sire is Moon One More Time. They are both registered in Mountain Pleasure Horse and Kentucky Mountain Saddle Horse. The dam was foaled in 1991 and the sire in 2000. I would love if someone could steer me somewhere so I could see pics. I have been on the internet and am wondering if there would even be pictures. I have heard inklings that either Moon, the sire of Moon One More Time was a show horse. Would love to know more if I can find it. Thanks

Jacksmama 05-06-2011 09:41 AM

Do you know anything about the dam/sires coloring? I ask because often KMH are also registered RMH and RMH has a pedigree database on their site. I found several Annie Oakleys. Are you positive on the year the dam was foaled? I didn't see anything about Moon One More Time though.

horseloverd2 05-07-2011 04:46 PM

I'm not sure if they are registered RMH or not, but I did find an Annie Oakley in the RMHA pedigree database:

RMHA Pedigree Database Search - Detailed Information Page

Macslady 05-09-2011 07:59 PM

Thanks, but that is my problem the fact that Kentucky Mountain doesn't have a database. Both are registered KMH. Moon One More Times sire was registered Mountain Pleasure Horse. And yes Annie is a 1991 mare. The Annie I am trying to find more about is a big red sorrel.

hccumminssmoke 06-01-2011 12:39 PM

per the KMSHA Database:

Moon One More Time is by Moon and is owned by POZAYT, LENNY

There is a 1991 Annie Oakley who's KMSHA reg color is Black Roan is she is also listed as being owned by POZAYT, LENNY

there is one reg KMSHA foal by Moon One More Time and out of a mare named Annie Oakly, that horses Reg name is Blackberry Moon, she is a 2009 model, july dob...

Nate

Macslady 06-01-2011 08:26 PM

That sounds about right. I have a 2008 filly that hasn't been registered yet, I have her papers and need to get around to sending them in. She is a very well behaved 3 year old we happened upon that has been started under saddle lightly. We have been getting her used to us and will be starting her more under saddle about midsummer.

I wish I could see some pics of the sire and dam and have searched everywhere but nothing.