The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Red Cell?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/red-cell-85815/)

SunnySky 05-05-2011 11:16 PM

Red Cell??

What do you guys think about Red Cell vitamin-mineral supplement.I been using this supplement on my gelding and notice lots of diffrents on him.He looks healthier and more built.

Has anyone use this product or has anyone had any problems with this product.

I would love to hear comments from ya'll!!

God Bless ya'll:lol:

thomas20 05-06-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnySky (Post 1024975)
What do you guys think about Red Cell vitamin-mineral supplement.I been using this supplement on my gelding and notice lots of diffrents on him.He looks healthier and more built.

I would love to hear comments from ya'll!!

God Bless ya'll:lol:

Red Cell i know is a palatable yucca-flavored Vitamin-Iron-Mineral supplement for horse. Red Cell is formulated to provide supplemental vitamins and minerals that may be lacking or are in insufficient quantities in a horse's regular feed.

Thomas

bubba13 05-06-2011 11:40 AM

It can make a horse hot, and make sure he's not getting too much selenium in his diet (check your soil/pasture and feed for Se levels).

raywonk 05-06-2011 01:14 PM

This product is awsome for a preformance horse. If your horse is not working 5 days or more a week I would not recamend it. I use to use it with my halter horses and loved it.

mls 05-06-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnySky (Post 1024975)
W

Several horses with palatability issues. One horse it made rather 'loopy'.

Speed Racer 05-06-2011 01:42 PM

The only time I've ever used it was for a horse with anemia.

Don't see a reason to use it on my perfectly healthy stock. They already get plenty of vitamins/minerals from their food, hay, and the mineral blocks I put out.

Seriously, how many supplements do people think an animal NEEDS? As long as its diet is nutritionally sound, it should be getting the majority of its necessary vitamins/minerals without supplementing it to death.

HooverH 05-07-2011 11:11 PM

We've used it for a 30+ year old horse with heart issues, really perked him up.

But as speed racer pointed out, I don't really see a reason to use it unless your horse has blood/heart issues or is in very heavy work.