The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   special horse! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/special-horse-861/)

3days3ways 02-25-2007 09:50 PM

special horse!

here's a pic of me and a horse i ride at the barn jumping... he's kind of special and when he gets nervous or uber excited about a jump he throws he legs forward while his body stays normal (and yes, we've gone to a lot of clinics, and they all agree that it's just something he reverts back to and there isnt much we can do besides give him a good approach to the jump and laugh when he does do it lol)... so i thought you guys might appreciate it hahah
:D

http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/569_spiderjump_1.jpg

Skippy! 02-25-2007 10:06 PM

WOO! That is so funny!! LOL! What a cutie!!

kristy 02-25-2007 10:12 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is trying so hard, too! He's so precious. At first I thought you were going to show this picture as if his jumping form were.. correct. Too funny, you have to love horses and their quirks.

Gammelquarterhorses 02-25-2007 10:21 PM

WOW that is so cute! I love this picture!

Skippy! 02-25-2007 11:24 PM

LOL every time i look at it i want to shout "SUPERMAAAAN!!"

showpony@heart 02-26-2007 01:29 AM

Thats soooooooooooo CUTE! What does it feel like when your on him like that?

Friesian Mirror 02-26-2007 06:17 PM

Lol, cute! JUMP! :D

englishcowgrl 02-26-2007 06:46 PM

awww..so cute...does it feel normal when he does that/land?

3days3ways 02-26-2007 10:32 PM

hahahaha you guys are awsome...

when he does that you feel a little off balance/ thrown forward for a sec when he's in the process of the um.. spazzing... but mainly you see flashes of white/ whatever color is bell boots are haha its soooooo funny and it like makes my day when he does it... when he lands tho he's bak in balance and he occasionaly does like victory bucking/ jumping after that but they are playful and small so it's not bad (he doesn't do it as often as he used to.. i find it sad besides when i show him).

Skippy! 02-27-2007 12:26 AM

LOL Skippy! does the SAME victory dance thing!! And i called it the same thing as you, a victory dance!! After we did a lesson (an hour of flat work, i dont jump him, i trained him in lower level dressage instead) i would let him pick any jump in the arena to go over however he pleased.

He would then usually pick the smallest flat jump (like an Oxer i guess?) a flat pole that was a foot off of the ground. He would pick up this HUGE canter and just CLEAR it by some 3 feet and come off of it crow hopping and cantering.. he was SO proud of himself LOL any other jump he did after that first one was done with form and beauty, but the first one is ALWAYS "Skippy!'s Jump" LOL

That is so awesome that you see the humor and fun in it, and dont automatically think he is misbehaving.. you have awesome horsemanship! =)

Again, that picture is TOO cute! Im so glad you were able to get that moment captured!